Sub 28 Dj/Street (Scale Shots) W/Discussion (Scales Can Be Purchased @ At LPS)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Sub 28 Dj/Street (Scale Shots) W/Discussion (Scales Can Be Purchased @ At LPS)
Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 6:44 Quote
recklessness wrote:
tom666 wrote:
Fairplay. My favourite logo in all of the mountain biking industry is NS bikes. It's really simple but visually appealing non the less.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.joyride150.com/wp-content/uploads/NS_new_logo.jpg
I think the NS would look really nice embossed in a headtube
I rock one on the truck.....
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu333/recklessness/shuttlerig.jpg

Where did you get the sticker? I have one on my helmet, but I made it myself...

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 6:51 Quote
I wish more bike companies would place stickers in the products. Most MTB companies do but bmx and mtb dirt and street companies don't aside from deity which is mad coolio status . I never put them on my bike . but my wind sheild and bumper are covered in decals lol

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 7:00 Quote
Stickers are awesome. Customisation without ruining the resale value.

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 7:20 Quote
You guys are going to know this one a lot better than I do. So i'll ask here.

Custom sprayed Blk Mrkt Mob

photo

The first one is a Mark1 Blackmarket Mob.

The second is a Blackmarket Mob, Of a different year. (2007)

Is there much difference in quality or geometry between the 2?

Promise I'll post a picture of it when it's under 28lbs to make up for the thread jacklol

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 7:24 Quote
mini-freerider wrote:

photo

The second is a Blackmarket Mob, Of a different year.

Can anyone identify the year? And is there much difference in quality or geometry between the 2?

Promise I'll post a picture of it when it's under 28lbs to make up for the thread jacklol
The geo never changed . It has been the same from day one . Basically a classic . the way to identify is most of the time two to three things . decals but in this case there are none on the raw frame. two the frame of earlier years actually will say s&m built up to 2007 I believe . the third is first gen mobs had a seat clamp second gen it was integrated. Hope this helps . Doing a search on model years looking for what I have described will narrow it down .

Edit S&M built were better and made of superform tubing . Later years sanko 4130

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 7:25 Quote
Definitely not much. I don't know if they've changed the geo at all since they introduced it. Possibly a little tweaking.

Ed: beaten. Salute

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 7:27 Quote
Caezar wrote:
mini-freerider wrote:

photo

The second is a Blackmarket Mob, Of a different year.

Can anyone identify the year? And is there much difference in quality or geometry between the 2?

The geo never changed . It has been the same from day one . Basically a classic . the way to identify is most of the time two to three things . decals but in this case there are none on the raw frame. two the frame of earlier years actually will say s&m built up to 2007 I believe . the third is first gen mobs had a seat clamp second gen it was integrated. Hope this helps . Doing a search on model years looking for what I have described will narrow it down .

Edit S&M built were better and made of superform tubing . Later years sanko 4130

Thanks for the help! That is really useful.

Just found out that-The raw one is made by S&M, The Orange one is 2010.

Is the difference in tubing worth the difference in years?

Last quetion. Promiselol

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 7:29 Quote
Depends how much you like rust.

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 7:30 Quote
recklessness wrote:

He says he's laquered it, But i'd clean it and give it a spray.

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 7:42 Quote
Personally I'd go for the s&m ones clean it up and it will be worth close to retail, those things are like golden crack to blkmrkt guys.

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 7:43 Quote
mini-freerider wrote:
recklessness wrote:

He says he's laquered it, But i'd clean it and give it a spray.
S&M built used frame go for 500 in the states. Pimp status black market . Keep it living and get it cleaned and resprayed tup .

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 8:23 Quote
If it's got an integrated clamp, it's not an OG S&M Made one, best way to tell, all the newer ones had integrated.

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 8:37 Quote
Only 100 of the last year s&m mobs had one. But it said s&m on the frame. Sold in the states only. The rest sold overseas came from the Asian manufacturer

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 8:38 Quote
Decided to go and see the S&M one.

I'll probably take it, unless it's covered in rust.

Thanks for the help guys.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029115
Mobile Version of Website