Powered by Outside

YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 14:18 Quote
aroche wrote:
Anyone change to a 36T on their Capra?
Any dramas with this, eg. with chain length?

Im used to 32F X 34R on a Transiton Bandit at the minute, about to pull the trigger on a Capra very soon, so I'm thinking 36T X 42R should be fine on the Capra.

ive thought about it, i was used to a 32f and 36r on my orange 5 previous to the capra, since owning the capra think ive used the 42 on the rear once but that was a mega steep climb and probly quicker walking up than riding, but i usually find myself in too easy a gear when it comes to the flowy bits etc and just needing a quick spin of the pedal to help the flow, but im not in the 10/11 cog at the back so just need to get used to the 11spd a bit more before swapping to a 36t on front,

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 5:56 Quote
My Capra comp1 has just arrived!!!
I have some work to do tonight. Smile

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 10:55 Quote
Can't say I'm a huge fan of the silver 2015 pro race model, would have preferred the grey and black prototype colours or for them to just stick with last year's white and black.

The Alu models are likely to be very popular.

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 11:04 Quote
Anyone got any idea when the new model Capras are comin on sale?

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 11:12 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
Hi the begining of feb that was the last i heard ,they keep fobbing me off with different dates .

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 12:19 Quote
aggieyorkshire wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:
Hi the begining of feb that was the last i heard ,they keep fobbing me off with different dates .
Ok Thanks

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 14:57 Quote
Hi does any one know if the new Capra pro "race" model is actually gong ahead ? And what colours it's available in ?
Cheers ja

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 16:45 Quote
Do you guys feel any play of the fork in the headset/headtube?
If I seat on the bike, lean one grip against a wall and then push with my feet/hips, the fork moves inside the headset...
I noticed the play while test riding the bike tough... then I used the "against the wall test" and it confirmed the play.

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 16:54 Quote
ChegalhaVara wrote:
If I seat on the bike, lean one grip against a wall and then push with my feet/hips, the fork moves inside the headset...
I noticed the play while test riding the bike tough... then I used the "against the wall test" and it confirmed the play.

You probably need to tighten your headset. Loosen the two clamp bolts on the stem. Tighten down the top cap another 1/4 turn. Maybe more depending on how loose your headset is. Not too tight. Re-tighten stem clamp bolts and you should be all set.

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 23:45 Quote
[Quote="fozworth"]Hi does any one know if the new Capra pro "race" model is actually gong ahead ? And what colours it's available in ?
Cheers ja[/Quotehttp://www.mtb-forum.it/community/forum/showpost.php?p=7373895&postcount=2648Think this is it!
Dave.

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 at 0:24 Quote
Rdot84 wrote:
ChegalhaVara wrote:

You probably need to tighten your headset. Loosen the two clamp bolts on the stem. Tighten down the top cap another 1/4 turn. Maybe more depending on how loose your headset is. Not too tight. Re-tighten stem clamp bolts and you should be all set.

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 at 3:08 Quote
I already tightened the headset bolt and if I take as example my previous bike, I think it is more tight than it should, however the steering moves freely, and I can still feel the play...
The weird thing is that the play is not back and forth it's lateral play.

I will disassemble the headset and then re-tight all the parts to see if it gets better...

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 at 3:16 Quote
ChegalhaVara wrote:
I already tightened the headset bolt and if I take as example my previous bike, I think it is more tight than it should, however the steering moves freely, and I can still feel the play...
The weird thing is that the play is not back and forward it's lateral play.

I will disassemble the headset and then re-tight all the parts to see if it gets better...
make sure your steerer tube is not touching the top cap and not letting it adjust up properly

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 at 3:19 Quote
RaySmith wrote:
ChegalhaVara wrote:

make sure your steerer tube is not touching the top cap and not letting it adjust up properly

I have checked it already, it's not... :S

thanks for the help. Smile

Posted: Jan 27, 2015 at 3:23 Quote
ChegalhaVara wrote:
RaySmith wrote:
ChegalhaVara wrote:

I have checked it already, it's not... :

Is yours a Pro with Devilles?

thanks for the help. Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019290
Mobile Version of Website