Powered by Outside

Cracked YT Capra

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 at 11:53 Quote
Te-remoto wrote:
the seat stay replacement price is 300,00€, unfortunately for me I have try already the replacement program...Cry

Bummer. Pretty glad I didn't have to pay for mine! How did you break it, and where on the stay is it busted?

Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 0:56 Quote
kit-nz wrote:
Te-remoto wrote:
the seat stay replacement price is 300,00€, unfortunately for me I have try already the replacement program...Cry

Bummer. Pretty glad I didn't have to pay for mine! How did you break it, and where on the stay is it busted?

I fall over the bars, and the frame landed with the seat stay on a rock....

Posted: Mar 22, 2016 at 5:44 Quote
Capra mech action 2

OUCH!.... seat stay explosion on Capra Comp 2 when rear mech rotated into it....

Posted: Mar 23, 2016 at 14:53 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
Capra mech action 2

OUCH!.... seat stay explosion on Capra Comp 2 when rear mech rotated into it....

My god, it's like a horror show! I did end up adding loctite to my rear derailleur bolt a few months back after having it loosen 3 times.

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 5:41 Quote
Hi,
Just have had few rides on my new Capra 2016 comp.
I noticed, very disappointedly a cracking noise from the head tube. Every time I use the front brake hardly. I checked everything out, tighten all of the stuff but the cracking noise remains.
It's making me feared about riding.

To be safe, I must consider the bike is currently unusable, or not?
I need to know your opinion asap.

Thanks guys Madder

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 7:25 Quote
favlex wrote:
Hi,
I noticed, very disappointedly a cracking noise from the head tube. Every time I use the front brake hardly. I checked everything out, tighten all of the stuff but the cracking noise remains.

Thanks guys Madder

Happens a lot with all models. It's the fork rather than the frame. Loose steerer/crown. I think bos said that they would warranty them but it's not structural. Not sure about rockshox.

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 11:06 Quote
Idk why you guys put up with this crap..

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 11:47 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:

that is exactly how i feel reading through this thread.

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 13:06 Quote
adrennan wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:

that is exactly how i feel reading through this thread.

I was going to buy a YT, following the hype. Glad i didnt. Commencals the way to go if you wanna save money.

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 13:25 Quote
lukachadwick wrote:
favlex wrote:
Hi,

Thanks guys Madder

Happens a lot with all models. It's the fork rather than the frame. Loose steerer/crown. I think bos said that they would warranty them but it's not structural. Not sure about rockshox.

Then You mean I have to tighten it up more?
I just checked it more times, but it's tighten correctly..

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 21:50 Quote
favlex wrote:
lukachadwick wrote:
favlex wrote:
Hi,

Thanks guys Madder

Then You mean I have to tighten it up more?
I just checked it more times, but it's tighten correctly..
No it's a problem with the fork. You have to get it replaced. It can take some time though. My BOS fork went back to YT and 3 months later wasn't repaired. By that time I had cracked the bike for the 3rd time and YT gave me a refund, so never actually got my fork back....

Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 2:11 Quote
I know they've been offering Lyrics to some folks who's BOS forks were in the service for too long. Not sure if its also common for Lyrics to have this steerer problem (since he has a Capra comp). But its either that or something with the head set (e.g. some dirt on the bearing seats in the frame).

Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 2:29 Quote
Ferisko wrote:
I know they've been offering Lyrics to some folks who's BOS forks were in the service for too long. Not sure if its also common for Lyrics to have this steerer problem (since he has a Capra comp). But its either that or something with the head set (e.g. some dirt on the bearing seats in the frame).

Yeah could be, or more likely out of tolerance bearing seat in the frame! I know Pike's have the creaking steerer problem, but not heard of lyriks doing that yet?

Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 8:22 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
Ferisko wrote:

Yeah could be, or more likely out of tolerance bearing seat in the frame! I know Pike's have the creaking steerer problem, but not heard of lyriks doing that yet?
So is this a problem created by the Capra's headtube/angle/design ?
Never heard of it on other brands.

Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 9:34 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:
Ferisko wrote:

So is this a problem created by the Capra's headtube/angle/design ?
Never heard of it on other brands.

No... I'm just referring to the out of tolerance dimensions that could contribute to the sound. That's why I returned my 4th Capra, don't you remember? Look at my photos...
Particularly 12479053 of the yt finish on the shock mount

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014663
Mobile Version of Website