Powered by Outside

Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 12:30 Quote
Done right, I would say ti tension-ed correctly would be just fine.

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 12:35 Quote
Hi price....low weight.

If you're building a blinged out bike, why not?

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 12:38 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
Like CX Rays?

CX-Ray is a bladed steel spoke.

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 12:41 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
Hi price....low weight.

I just do not like the idea of having to run crazy high tension to save a few grams.

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 12:42 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Rattsl wrote:
Like CX Rays?

CX-Ray is a bladed steel spoke.

Out of the loop. Who had the Ti spokes?

Marwi or something like that?

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 13:03 Quote
minty1 wrote:
rydelean wrote:
minty1 wrote:
super gravity if your gonna ride more than xc. Tried snakeskin/trail option and split it first day out.
This is what I thought gonna keep my snake skin on the front though and go with the supergravity rear. Also is alu valves on carbon rims a no no
alu valves? Dyu mean nips?
No I mean valves superstar and wtb I think do them

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 13:11 Quote
rydelean wrote:
minty1 wrote:
rydelean wrote:

This is what I thought gonna keep my snake skin on the front though and go with the supergravity rear. Also is alu valves on carbon rims a no no
alu valves? Dyu mean nips?
No I mean valves superstar and wtb I think do them
dont see the point. Are they tubless? Either way don't see the point in having fragile valves that may react like the nipples do to carbon.

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 13:19 Quote
I've never seen a problem with carbon rims and standard aluminum nipples. I've only seen nipple corrosion on enve's. I think it may have been due to residual sealant that gets past the tape or something and it being able to contact the whole nipple.

Don't see why it would be an issue with standard nipples.

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 13:20 Quote
minty1 wrote:
rydelean wrote:
My 38mm light bicycle rims came today. I have a question who's using supergravity or snake skin on a carbon rear wheel
super gravity if your gonna ride more than xc. Tried snakeskin/trail option and split it first day out.
This^^^^^

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 13:39 Quote
RyanWensley wrote:
For anyone who wonders what weight the 32t Rotor Rex1.1 With BSA30 BB and spacer for 73mm BB shell is here you go:

2014 Rotor REX1.1 Cranks Ring BB and BB Tool

I wish my bike part scale had a temp guage...

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 13:43 Quote
CalCurley2 wrote:
RyanWensley wrote:
For anyone who wonders what weight the 32t Rotor Rex1.1 With BSA30 BB and spacer for 73mm BB shell is here you go:

2014 Rotor REX1.1 Cranks Ring BB and BB Tool

I wish my bike part scale had a temp guage...
It seems slightly excessive to me...

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 13:47 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
Rattsl wrote:
Hi price....low weight.

I just do not like the idea of having to run crazy high tension to save a few grams.

"I don't like them."

"They suck."

Apparently these statements are the same. Ti spokes work wonders for many riders. Going to disagree with you, again, on the "they suck" part. Pretty rad really.

Also, again, we're getting into the stage of much stiffer rimsets and much more durable eyelet areas. Ti spokes make a ton of sense paired up with this. The higher tension wasn't an issue on aluminum rims, I can imagine it being less of an issue with a material that can actually fatigue stress and still maintain a very stiff overall ride quality.

Either way, quarter pound saved over medium end spokes, of rotational weight, and have been shown in the past to be more than strong enough for the average Joe. This is the weight game thread. Get outta here with your hatin'.

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 14:01 Quote
How does the weight compare with a high end spoke like a cxray?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.844145
Mobile Version of Website