Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 11:41 Quote
Looks like this little caveat has disappeared from the easyjet T&C's

"Bicycles are subject to the sports equipment fee and exempt from any excess baggage charges relating to the weight of the bicycle."

I cant see anything is writing now, which says that your hold luggage and bike do not need to be under 32kg

http://www.easyjet.com/terms-and-conditions
http://www.easyjet.com/en/sports-equipment
http://www.easyjet.com/en/bicycles

Hoping someone can prove me wrong but have emailed them in the meantime to clarify.

Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 11:55 Quote
Karve wrote:
Looks like this little caveat has disappeared from the easyjet T&C's

"Bicycles are subject to the sports equipment fee and exempt from any excess baggage charges relating to the weight of the bicycle."

I cant see anything is writing now, which says that your hold luggage and bike do not need to be under 32kg

http://www.easyjet.com/terms-and-conditions

Hoping someone can prove me wrong but have emailed them in the meantime to clarify.
thought it was 32kg (max) for bikes and 20kg (max) for hold luggage, so 52kg altogether?

Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 11:58 Quote
Yep.. its been that way for a while....When I last travelled (this time last year) ... this line in their T&C's

made what u said possible hooner... I cant see it anymore which is why im asking

Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 12:11 Quote
Go on the t's & C's, press 'ctrl + F' search what you want and it should appear highlighted

Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 12:26 Quote
i coppied it from there website last year and printed it off so its still in my bike bag. a guy tried it on in geneeva airport untill i showed him. shut right up.

Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 12:29 Quote
http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4040/kw/bicycle

Bicycles are permitted for carriage provided that specific criteria is met:

• The bicycle must be packaged in a bicycle box or bag
• Only one bicycle per box/bag is permitted
• The handlebars must be flush with the frame
• Pedals must be removed or flush against the flame

Bicycles with hydraulic suspensions or brake systems will be accepted.

Electric bicycles will also be accepted providing they do not weigh more than 32kg. Batteries need to be checked in as hold baggage separately from the bicycle.

A non-refundable sports equipment fee will be charged. The bicycles are exempt from additional excess baggage charges.

A bicycle can be added at the time of making your booking. Alternatively if you wish to add a bicycle once your booking has been confirmed and your booking was made online at easyJet.com please login to your My easyJet account, locate the required booking and click on 'Add Sports Equipment'.

If your booking was made through our contact centre, at the airport or by a travel agent you can add a bicycle by contacting our Customer Service Team.

just pulled this from there site a minuite ago lads.

Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 12:29 Quote
aquadude wrote:
i coppied it from there website last year and printed it off so its still in my bike bag. a guy tried it on in geneeva airport untill i showed him. shut right up.

they ain't called sleezjet for nothing don't ya know.....

Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 12:34 Quote
cant find that anywhere man, the link you posted is just coming up with this which is interesting if you just found that!

Bicycles are permitted for carriage provided that specific criteria is met:
The bicycle must be packaged in a bicycle box or bag
Only one bicycle per box/bag is permitted
No other items can be carried in the bicycle box/bag (i.e. clothing)
The handlebars must be flush with the frame.
Pedals must be removed or flush against the frame
Bicycles with hydraulic suspensions or brake systems will be accepted.

A non-refundable fee will be charged. A bicycle can be added at the time of making your booking. Alternatively if you wish to add a bicycle once your booking has been confirmed and your booking was made online at easyJet.com please login to your My easyJet account and go to ‘My bookings'. Click the ‘View’ button on the required booking and 'Add Sports Equipment' from the menu on the right hand side.

If your booking was made through our contact centre, at the airport or by a travel agent you can add a bicycle by contacting our Customer Service Team.

Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 12:37 Quote
just checked the link dude, its as i pasted underneath. excempt from excess weight charges aslong as under the 32kg limit.

Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 12:51 Quote
Great find aquadude

Thats what I was looking for.

Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 13:12 Quote
aquadude wrote:
just checked the link dude, its as i pasted underneath. excempt from excess weight charges aslong as under the 32kg limit.

got it, nice one man

Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 13:12 Quote
Flying out on Friday, sooo stoked!

Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 13:17 Quote
We leave on Thursday for the long drive down, and the DH bike is at lbs having a fine tune.

Posted: Jun 23, 2013 at 13:21 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
We leave on Thursday for the long drive down, and the DH bike is at lbs having a fine tune.

are you and gayle ready for the pds dude. how long you out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012462
Mobile Version of Website