Powered by Outside

YT Capra Owners

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 6:56 Quote
BenDroid wrote:
Hello Everybody

Just got my Capra CF Pro in green and L
I thought i'd let you guys know, so if anyone is struggling to decide which color, like i was, here are some pictures, maybe they can help you.

So now its here Im still gonna change the Pedals and Brakes.

The green looks not as bad as on the YT website. Its more luminous under light sunlight.

Decided to upload pictures of it since nobody has yet uploaded one of a green 2016 one. Hopefully these help somebody to help decide which colour they want to order.

The green looks not as bad as on the YT website. Its more luminous under light sunlight.

The pedals are the ones from my DHer, i dont know which pedal i should get for the Capra yet. I want a pedal, that has the plattform a little bit outwards, like the DMR Vaults and NOT like the Spank Spikes. I also would like the pedals to be not too grippy, so i can change the position of my foot on it when i dont plant it right after i have to hang my foot out in a tight corner or something.
Any recommendations?

And im gonna change the brakes, dont really like the Guides. And im very very familiar with the Saints.

Nice

I'm waiting for your feelback about the 180 Fox and the rear shock

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 7:07 Quote
Nubie question....is there a way to tell what length of reverb dropper post was installed on a bike? Spec sheet says the bike should have a150mm, but I'm only seeing 100mm. The post appears to be functioning correctly so I want to make sure I'm not trying to service a perfectly working 100mm post.

Cheers!

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 7:26 Quote
That's strange,although didn't YT spec 125mm reverbs for small size bikes a whiles back?
mikepal wrote:
Nubie question....is there a way to tell what length of reverb dropper post was installed on a bike or am I thinking of something else? Spec sheet says the bike should have a150mm, but I'm only seeing 100mm. The post appears to be functioning correctly so I want to make sure I'm not trying to service a perfectly working 100mm post.

Cheers!

O+
Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 7:27 Quote
mikepal wrote:
Nubie question....is there a way to tell what length of reverb dropper post was installed on a bike? Spec sheet says the bike should have a150mm, but I'm only seeing 100mm. The post appears to be functioning correctly so I want to make sure I'm not trying to service a perfectly working 100mm post.

Cheers!

I`ve got from YT a new Reverb (150MM) because mine had a problem after a year of usage. The "new" one had a similar problem. Only 100MM until i pulled it further up to 150MM. Then i done a "fresh" bleed and it still kinda remains a bit stuck around that point. But it goes now fully up. Hope it helps. Also have the speed complete open.

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 7:47 Quote
BenDroid wrote:
Hello Everybody

Just got my Capra CF Pro in green and L
I thought i'd let you guys know, so if anyone is struggling to decide which color, like i was, here are some pictures, maybe they can help you.

So now its here Im still gonna change the Pedals and Brakes.

Decided to upload pictures of it since nobody has yet uploaded one of a green 2016 one. Hopefully these help somebody to help decide which colour they want to order.

The pedals are the ones from my DHer, i dont know which pedal i should get for the Capra yet. I want a pedal, that has the plattform a little bit outwards, like the DMR Vaults and NOT like the Spank Spikes. I also would like the pedals to be not too grippy, so i can change the position of my foot on it when i dont plant it right after i have to hang my foot out in a tight corner or something.
Any recommendations?

And im gonna change the brakes, dont really like the Guides. And im very very familiar with the Saints.

How is the sizing for you? I've ordered a large I'm 5ft 10 and went for the large option due to the sizing.

Looks sick by the way!

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 7:51 Quote
Just checked the YT website and my Goat is on its way to the UK. Anyone have any idea how long this will take?

It left Koln today. Cool

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 7:59 Quote
Selling my Capra - 2014 CF Comp1 in Green size LARGE - great condition.
New Minion DHF/HR2 tubeless just fitted.
Upgraded rear hub internals.
Pics on my profile

Might consider a swap for an XL.....

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 8:22 Quote
jor4s wrote:
Just checked the YT website and my Goat is on its way to the UK. Anyone have any idea how long this will take?

It left Koln today. Cool

Mine left Yt on a Monday and it was dropped off with parcel force on the Friday..

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 8:36 Quote
Guys how many rebound clicks does the monarch plus rc3 has?

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 10:32 Quote
momoy wrote:
DanDrago wrote:
momoy wrote:
which is more stiffer and durable the aluminum or carbon or more quieter on the trail?
Carbon is stiffer. Carbon is in most cases more durable also. Carbon is a weave of carbon strands with a matrix of resin supporting the strands. Its like if you dip a shirt in glue so that it holds its shape. Carbon weaved frames resists bending but fails easier when you apply a point load to it. So, it will take higher loads to break if the load is one that the designer predicted the bike will go throug, such as landing off of a large drop off or plowing through a rock garden. But, if you lose ahold of your bike in said rock garden and your bike lands on its side with enough force, the rock will break through the weave of carbon fabric and create a crack. With that being said, carbon manufacturing has come a long way and so the current carbon offerings can take higher unpredicted loads without too much fear of them breaking.

Simply put, carbon will be stiffer and more durable unless you're the type of rider that crashes at speed alot! But if that's the case, you probably bend the crap out of aluminum frames consistently!

And carbon is unfortunately more noisy on the trail due to it being hollow and stiff. But, the advantages of carbon outweigh the extra noise in most people's opinion!

thanks

I agree , well said

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 10:39 Quote
jor4s wrote:

It left Koln today. Cool

2 days from koln

O+
Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 10:41 Quote
CapraLE wrote:

I believe it has like 20?

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 10:51 Quote
Adambaker14791 wrote:
CapraLE wrote:

I believe it has like 20?
20? I can count 10-12 only

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 10:58 Quote
barnylondon wrote:
momoy wrote:
DanDrago wrote:

Carbon is stiffer. Carbon is in most cases more durable also. Carbon is a weave of carbon strands with a matrix of resin supporting the strands. Its like if you dip a shirt in glue so that it holds its shape. Carbon weaved frames resists bending but fails easier when you apply a point load to it. So, it will take higher loads to break if the load is one that the designer predicted the bike will go throug, such as landing off of a large drop off or plowing through a rock garden. But, if you lose ahold of your bike in said rock garden and your bike lands on its side with enough force, the rock will break through the weave of carbon fabric and create a crack. With that being said, carbon manufacturing has come a long way and so the current carbon offerings can take higher unpredicted loads without too much fear of them breaking.

Simply put, carbon will be stiffer and more durable unless you're the type of rider that crashes at speed alot! But if that's the case, you probably bend the crap out of aluminum frames consistently!

And carbon is unfortunately more noisy on the trail due to it being hollow and stiff. But, the advantages of carbon outweigh the extra noise in most people's opinion!

thanks

I agree , well said
When I went to watch the world cup at Fort Bill it was the carbon bikes which were definitely quieter, might be a coincidence...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017665
Mobile Version of Website