Want to get your video on the front page?

PB Forum :: Biking Videos
Want to get your video on the front page?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 9:20 Quote
Hey guys.
Well, this is the forum thread for everyone who is wondering how to get on the front page. As most of you have noticed, Aaron Larock has got his friend Luke Fulton featured on the front page. Why did we choose to put this up? Besides being well edited, and a well written story behind it, we at Pinkbike.com are trying to promote as many people as we can. After all, we are all about Sharing the ride!

So, I figured I would help you guys out in case you were wondering how to get on the front page. The system we use for posting news on the front page is actually, believe it or not, the blog system.

For any of you who have written a blog entry before, you see a few options. You can publish your draft to your blog, but once you have done that, you also have the option of Publishing it to Pinkbike.com. If you choose to use this option, your blog entry is submitted into the submitted news section. After that, a staff member will review it, determine the workmanship in it, and then determine if it is front page worthy. So here, I will recap the steps taken to get your buddy on the front page:

1)write up a draft. The way I explained it to Aaron Larock is try making a story to go behind your video. We will NOT put anything on the front page that is rude, offensive, or draws people to other websites (ie. external links to "your shopping website" or something like that.)

2) Once you have done that up, you can publish your story into your own blog. What does this mean? You have now made it possible for other users who visit your page to view that blog entry. By doing this you're saying this is the information I want people to read/see.

3) After that you have the option of publishing it to Pinkbike.com. So here's the hitch guys, as I stated before we will NOT put anything on our front page. So please, if you want your buddies to be recognized, don't put links to other websites in your story. Also, stay away from racist, rude, or demeaning comments. (ie. Aaron Larock puts nail polish on his toes.)

Other than that, keep it clean, and show us some style. We have no problems hooking you guys up with front page news, but you have to help us out as well. Remember, this is an all ages website.

If your blog entry does get rejected you should see a reason why it was rejected. If you go into your blogs it will say "rejected by Pinkbike.com and Why?". If you click that, the staff member will have typed in why we rejected it. By all means, if you repair this issue, you will be able to re-submit it to Pinkbike.com.

So there you guys go. A 10 minute write up on how to get you, or your buddy, or your sister featured on Pinkbike.com. Go out there and shoot some footage Big Grin

If you have any questions your welcome to post them in here, or send myself a PM message asking your questions. Thanks a lot guys, and have an awesome holiday season.

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 13:17 Quote
hmmm i do not get it)Salute

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 4:15 Quote
Is it only about individual riders or about contests as well?

O+
Posted: Dec 24, 2007 at 14:58 Quote
The target of the thread is for individuals, but we're happy to look at any type of content that gets put together for the site. If you have a video, pics and a story, please put it together and we'll do the rest.

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 16:21 Quote
Wow.
props to whoever thought of this idea!
Heres something I wrote
http://yetibiker.pinkbike.com/blog/Trails.html

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 19:25 Quote
yetibiker wrote:
Wow.
Heres something I wrote

now if your interested in getting it on the front page you can submit it to us.

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 19:32 Quote
spoiledgoods wrote:
yetibiker wrote:
Wow.
Heres something I wrote

now if your interested in getting it on the front page you can submit it to us.

Thanks Jordan,
Its a wicked idea. I already did!

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 6:26 Quote
Here's a little edit of some north shore freeride.
Comments and tips on filmiing and editing are welcome...
I guess the riding is up to us. Hopefully that will make it on the front page.
I dont have as much talent as Larock, but I'm aspiring to make movie as good as his.

Views: 1,933    Faves: 4    Comments: 11

Thanks, keep on shreddin'!

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 7:37 Quote
Well, since you asked for an opinion I'll write a few notes about your movie:

1) TITLE&CREDITS - Use font colors that have to do with the background. It hurts my eyes when I see some of the colors you used. And put a little more effort in the making of the title. Some people judge whether to keep watching the movie also by looking at the title. Well, at least I do.

2) TRANSITIONS - Most of them weren't needed. I mean, I prefer to see normal fade transition effects rather than seeing the image dissolve, splatter or whatever.

3) TRIPOD - Get yourself a tripod, at least a cheap one. It might be useful for when you have to shoot some things (most things, actually). Your camera was shaking way too much in some parts (I hate the shake effect especially when it comes to fade transitions).

4) COLORS - Try to correct them a little bit (Saturation adjust, Color corrector, ... if you're using Vegas). Learn from LaRock. His forest videos are always colorful (it is possible even without using an HD camera).

5) FILLER SCENES - your video needs them. Jokes, funny stuff or just some non-bike riding related scenes) are always useful. Especially because viewers find the video more interesting. A lot of actual riding is ok, but you need something to keep the viewer interested and focused on the video.

6) VOICES - remove the voices from your clips. Don't speak when filming something that's going to be on the video. I do the same mistake, but I try to remove my voice (or other people's, that is) whenever I can.

7) HELMET CAM (this is just a personal preference) - I prefer to see it on fast rather than technical parts of the track. Other might not think like me, but I don't like the shaking thingy.

The video is alright. Just take some of the hints and it'll be superb.

PS Mods, don't get angry at me. Delete my post if it's not useful or if it doesn't belong here).
PPS If you want to get it on the front page, you should write a story as well.

Cheers,
Luka

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 13:39 Quote
thanks. That is the type of constructive critisism i can put to use next season.
All that footage was recycled from last summer and was entirely shot with the video feature of my little hand held fuji camera. I realize most shots are shaky(from working withoout a tripod), but all of this is already taken care of for next summer.
I got a proper HDV camera a pretty nice tripod that fits nicely on the side of my riding pack, etc. Also I've been doing some reading on filming techniques and do's and don'ts and all that shit. I'm gonna take some days to go out strictly filming and setting up shots and also.Anyway, I can't wait to go out and play in the forest and the dirt again.Helmet

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 1:56 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/10585/

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 14:25 Quote
how do we submit it to you? after we wrote the draft

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 14:46 Quote
You have to publish it into your own blog,
then click the "Submit to Pinkbike.com" button.
That will push it to us.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 15:31 Quote
spoiledgoods wrote:
You have to publish it into your own blog,
then click the "Submit to Pinkbike.com" button.
That will push it to us.
Thanks, i just submitted it

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 0:00 Quote
Publish the blog.
Then you will see the option: "Submit to Pinkbike".

EDIT: I love being late.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.065392
Mobile Version of Website