Giant glory 00 - broken frame

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant glory 00 - broken frame
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 at 6:55 Quote
Tnerb888 wrote:

That's Eather weld under cut or what it more looks like somebody slipped with a grinder, although I'd be surprised if a grinder ever gets used on bike frames. If your ride your bike hard almost certain it will crack there.

Goes without saying for all 2010/11 glories doesn't it?

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2011 at 19:03 Quote
spoonyman wrote:
Tnerb888 wrote:

That's Eather weld under cut or what it more looks like somebody slipped with a grinder, although I'd be surprised if a grinder ever gets used on bike frames. If your ride your bike hard almost certain it will crack there.

I Dout they will all cack if ridden hard but that one has a obvious weld fault

Posted: Oct 5, 2011 at 19:07 Quote
spoonyman wrote:
Tnerb888 wrote:

mine's been ridden pretty hard...

Posted: Oct 12, 2011 at 4:39 Quote
Build update on my 2ND Glory frame (replacement for first frame which cracked)

BEST PLACE FOR IT

BEST PLACE FOR IT

LOOK AT THE CRAAAACK

EVENTUALLY managed to get a refund (only 2 months after returning the 2nd frame) and now:

aaaaaahhhhhhh yyyyyeeaaaaaahhhhhhh

\o/

FL
Posted: Feb 27, 2012 at 16:26 Quote
Have Giant not fixed this for later 2011 models, and the newly painted 2012 models
or any 2nd owners manage to get replacements?

FL
Posted: Sep 9, 2012 at 14:15 Quote
Mine 2011 glory 00 just cracked in the same place. I didn't buy it new, so from what I understand, it won't be covered by warranty?

Posted: Sep 9, 2012 at 16:12 Quote
Depends on wheter or not you tell the dealer you didnt buy it new...

You "lost the receipt when you moved"

FL
Posted: Sep 9, 2012 at 22:00 Quote
I'm surprised it that it cracked, I'm under 70 kg and don't have the luxury of a bike park to trash out 100s of runs.

Posted: Sep 18, 2012 at 8:45 Quote
mine broke in the same place 2 days ago... how long is the warranty on giant's frames?

Posted: Sep 18, 2012 at 9:08 Quote
volbi91 wrote:
mine broke in the same place 2 days ago... how long is the warranty on giant's frames?

UK = 5 years for the 1st owner only. Not sure about worldwide.

Posted: Oct 16, 2012 at 11:27 Quote
My 2012 looks slightly different compared to the 2010-2011. The top seems to flare more at the seat tube and the weld is considerably beefier.

Posted: Oct 17, 2012 at 1:42 Quote
judgerider348 wrote:
My 2012 looks slightly different compared to the 2010-2011. The top seems to flare more at the seat tube and the weld is considerably beefier.

It only took them 2 or 3 years to figure this one out! Increased surface area and weld beefyness should hopefully resolve this issue!

Although I have heard that the problem is the 'kink' in the top tube flexing and putting the weld under additional pressure... But one of the key supporters of this theory has no engineering qualifications!

Posted: Oct 17, 2012 at 10:30 Quote
spoonyman wrote:
judgerider348 wrote:

It only took them 2 or 3 years to figure this one out! Increased surface area and weld beefyness should hopefully resolve this issue!

Although I have heard that the problem is the 'kink' in the top tube flexing and putting the weld under additional pressure... But one of the key supporters of this theory has no engineering qualifications!
if that was the case then it would probably crack on the top instead of the bottom.

Posted: Oct 24, 2012 at 22:50 Quote
does anyone know if it breaks even the 2011 model dark gray?

Posted: Oct 24, 2012 at 22:51 Quote
Nobble wrote:
spoonyman wrote:
judgerider348 wrote:

if that was the case then it would probably crack on the top instead of the bottom.

does anyone know if it breaks even the 2011 model dark gray?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028526
Mobile Version of Website