Change 2010 SX Trail to 180mm?

PB Forum :: Specialized
Change 2010 SX Trail to 180mm?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Oct 30, 2010 at 12:57 Quote
Just wondering if its possible to convert the 2010 to the 180mm that the 2011 has. I know the shock is longer (8.5x2.5) but I'm not sure if you would need new linkage too.

Thanks in advance.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 3, 2010 at 14:17 Quote
Got a note back from Specialized that the front triangle is different on the 2011's so its a no go.

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 at 8:24 Quote
i am sure i saw something on a forum saying they had done it somehow! deffintly wouldnt work, or is it just a warrenty scare

Posted: Dec 26, 2010 at 16:29 Quote
also has any one put a new fox 180 fork on!

i want to put a 180 van rc2 on mine, but would like to hear if any one has done, dont want to ruin the feel of the bike!

want it to still feel light and playfull, but more like a mini downhill bike! think a big fork would be good, but do not want to ruin the geomtry too much!
any one done it?

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 at 11:57 Quote
I wondering about fitting 180 forks on an sx too!?

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 2:24 Quote
do it!!!!!

i have just put new fox 180 rc2 on mine, it has made the bike really come alive, feels so much more blanced now!

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 2:27 Quote
photo

feel free to ask any questions, it hasnt changed the angles to much of the bike, but has improvedf it so much! faster, more fun on the downhills, still easy top pop and manual stuff! definlty best thing to do to a sx trail

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 8:47 Quote
joelong wrote:
photo

feel free to ask any questions, it hasnt changed the angles to much of the bike, but has improvedf it so much! faster, more fun on the downhills, still easy top pop and manual stuff! definlty best thing to do to a sx trail

Looks great! What year frame you got?

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 9:14 Quote
Marcoos wrote:
joelong wrote:
photo

its the 2010 sx trail 2 frame

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 11:59 Quote
joelong wrote:
Marcoos wrote:
joelong wrote:
photo

I heard some earlier ones had trouble with chainstays snapping!?

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 at 15:01 Quote
joelong wrote:
photo

photo

I know what I'm building for this year.

Posted: Feb 9, 2011 at 15:13 Quote
Marcoos wrote:
joelong wrote:
Marcoos wrote:

I heard some earlier ones had trouble with chainstays snapping!?

That was pre 08 models,only thing against the 180 on the sx is if the warranty is void other than that nice.

Posted: Feb 10, 2011 at 21:21 Quote
yeah, I don't get why they don't want you to put a lousy 20 extra mm on the front end . . . they probably did that so you'd buy the bighit instead or something.

I have an '09 SX Trail 1 and the one upgrade I want to do most is put the 180 Van RC2 on it.

Posted: Feb 11, 2011 at 3:02 Quote
SeanC1 wrote:
yeah, I don't get why they don't want you to put a lousy 20 extra mm on the front end . . . they probably did that so you'd buy the bighit instead or something.

I have an '09 SX Trail 1 and the one upgrade I want to do most is put the 180 Van RC2 on it.

Specialized have too many similar bikes in their line up.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017884
Mobile Version of Website