Mondraker Summum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Mondraker Summum
Posted: Oct 30, 2014 at 14:15 Quote
those 3 kits appear to be all. Maybe worth getting a spare mech hanger bolt also.

Be very careful taking off the M10x15 and M10x18.5 bolts
http://www.silverfish-uk.com/ProductDetail/0/12610/Pivot-Bolt-M10x15

The allen key holes are easy to round off.
http://www.silverfish-uk.com/ProductDetail/0/12610/Pivot-Bolt-M10x15

Use an allen key on both ends and take your time with them.

Threadlock them on to stop them falling off. I use loctite 243 which isn't that bad to remove once set. Takes 26nm to undo them so good enough. Tighten to 15nm maximum or mash the allen heads...

Where did you get that frame protector? looks neat.

Here is a very useful item for Summum owners....

http://www.topeak.com/products/Pumps/Pressure-Rite

Lets you pump up your shock without having to remove it Smile and is has a zero loss valve inside it.

Posted: Oct 30, 2014 at 18:31 Quote
thanks for this man, the frame protector is made by rockguardz Smile

Posted: Oct 31, 2014 at 2:07 Quote
gustie wrote:
Where did you get that frame protector? looks neat.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/no/en/nukeproof-pulse-down-tube-protector/rp-prod89356

This also fits the summum like a charm Wink

Posted: Oct 31, 2014 at 7:45 Quote
Just picked up my Summum from powder coating. It's going to have gloss black decals and black anodised linkage, inserts and headset. Can't wait for the parts to arrive.

just came back from powder coating

What do you think?

Posted: Nov 1, 2014 at 2:28 Quote
Like the stealth !

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 12:35 Quote
Wow, that going to be so awesome! cant wait to see it.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 14:09 Quote
I've just read every single post on this thread.. 3 hours of it. After 18 months of consideration a 2011 summon pro frame with vivid air is on the way to me. I'm moving from a V2 commencal.. It's gonna be in interesting change! The initial build I'm sure will have some tear jerking moments.

First off, want to say everyone on here THANK YOU!!

I've got tone of info off here, ranging from hair dryers to help do the internal cable routing to where to buy the non cheese bolts and even which is the best tool for getting the headset angle cups changed ( geo kit is coing with bike)

I apologise in advance for any noob questions in the near future... Cheers.

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 14:28 Quote
You're not going to regret it! I put my Summum up for sale a month ago, but then I realised it was everything I wanted from a bike. The handling is amazing, the suspension pedals like a hardtail, it goes through rough stuff like it's nothing. So I resprayed mine and am keeping it at least for a few more years. Enjoy your time on a Summum and don't forget to post it here when you build it!

Also, on topic of my black Summum, the gloss black stickers are here and they're looking SICK! I'm waiting for the linkage, inserts and headset cups to arrive, can't wait!

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 14:42 Quote
I sold my 2011 Summum and got a Legend last year. The Legend is better in the roughest of the rough, but the geometry on the Summum is the best I've ridden on a DH bike. It's a fantastic bike.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2014 at 12:09 Quote
bike arrives from LBS tomorrow.. needed help with internal routing and bleeds..

OK, i'm not searching for the holy grail.. but if someone on here has some settings for a vivd air that would be mint..

generally.. how do summons ramp up?

what sort of shock settings do you guys run? esp if you have shocks with HSC / LSC and the same for rebound.I can translate that to the vivid air.. so any shock settings would be greatly appreciated.

ive set up RC4s before.. i know what to do.. but i'm trying to get a feeling how much end of stroke compression to dial in, and then adjust from there... all advice very welcome... i will taking a shock pump out with me over the weekend and will of course change the settings.. on well known tracks to me with a lot of variety.. just looking to shorten the tweeking process.. cheers.

Posted: Nov 13, 2014 at 23:20 Quote
staike wrote:
I sold my 2011 Summum and got a Legend last year. The Legend is better in the roughest of the rough, but the geometry on the Summum is the best I've ridden on a DH bike. It's a fantastic bike.

The Legend has way too much pedalbob, on the roughest you cannot hold the lines due to lots of hits which you to compensate with your feets. The Summum is a way more controlled ride and does not need as much effort as the Legend.

Posted: Nov 14, 2014 at 2:56 Quote
ovadebarz, if this helps, my CCDB setup was: LSC 6/24, HSC 0.75/4, LSR 13/24, HSR 2/4

Posted: Nov 14, 2014 at 5:07 Quote
Nhp890 did you build your rig after painting? Smile

Posted: Nov 14, 2014 at 5:11 Quote
Not yet, I'm a few parts short. The linkages and frame bits should be here on Monday. I still don't have a shock nor a saddle, though.

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2014 at 5:47 Quote
nhp890 wrote:
ovadebarz, if this helps, my CCDB setup was: LSC 6/24, HSC 0.75/4, LSR 13/24, HSR 2/4

Thanks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012884
Mobile Version of Website