160mm forks

• Next Page
Posted: Dec 23, 2010 at 13:15 Quote
cheers for all the suggestions guys but i just checked my owners manual and max fork travel is 160mil for frames before 2010 Frown and its 150 mil for the 2010...absolutely gutted. I really want a more hardcore fork with more adjustment than my pike, but the zochi 55 ata has got shit press reviews...

Ive been looking at revelations, but I dont know how well they would cope with anything on a half decent dh course. Does anyone know how stiff they are?

Posted: Dec 23, 2010 at 13:20 Quote
don't worry about 10mm difference, it won't make any difference and if you ever cracked your frame, just strip the bike and return the frame to the dealer (without fork) - no one will know Wink

Revelations are good forks but have 32mm stanchions and definitely feel flexible compared to its bigger 35mm stanchion brother the "lyric"

the same is true of the Fox 32 150mm compared to the Fox 36 160mm - night and day difference in stiffness once you start hitting stuff hard and yanking the brakes

this is my buddy's Ellsworth Moment Mk2 with Revelation Team Blackbox 150mm, since this photo he's put his Lyric Coil U-Turn 160mm back on and said it complements the bike much better on fast DH runs

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015777
Mobile Version of Website