PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 23:53 Quote
Same frames. Just different builds....

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 2:26 Quote
As far as im aware i think everything is the same

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 11:57 Quote
Tomfish1 wrote:
looking at a status 1 , 2015 for my son. is there any difference other than components on the status 1 vs. 2
like geometry, frame material, weight, etc?
thx guys
No difference apart from spec

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 12:04 Quote
ntd14 wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations for wheel sets? I am looking for something cheepish and indestructible, I dont care about the weight at all, im just sick of tunning wheels. It seams like no one makes 10x135 rears any more, is there any way around this to use a 12x150?

Mavic ex729 is bombproof...

They aren't light...but neither is the status

Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 8:22 Quote
Tomfish1 wrote:
looking at a status 1 , 2015 for my son. is there any difference other than components on the status 1 vs. 2
thx guys
Same geometry and material for the frame. Status 1 has a single crown fork vs. status 2 has dual crown. Maybe slight difference on components. Higher end components on status 2.

Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 9:11 Quote
betitoraveli wrote:
Tomfish1 wrote:
thx guys
Same geometry and material for the frame. Status 1 has a single crown fork vs. status 2 has dual crown. Maybe slight difference on components. Higher end components on status 2.

ok thanks guys, I don't care about components or fork as I have all that, just making sure frame is same.
thx again for replys

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 10:29 Quote
Hey all, I have a Status 2 2014 medium custom build that I got from a mechanic in Cali. It was a shimano build: SLX brakes, Zee DR, 11-32 (I think) trail cassette, RaceFace NW 34, and a chain tensioner. I did some upgrades of my own and set up a RaceFace 35mm cockpit with thicker grips (ODI Rogue), and a stiffer spring in the Boxxer. I also added a 2014 Cane Creek DB Air CS, which I got untouched for $250 USD... Still have not found the perfect tune for my ride style but it rocks and is convenient for riding to the local freeride park. I'm gonna include a pic so you can see it yourself. I realize I should have taken the shot of the drivetrain side but oh well.

2014 PRICE DROP Specialized Status II Custom Build

Now to the point of this post: I have two bikes. This and a 2014 Kona Process 134 DL. I have had the status up for sale on buy/sell for a while to see if anyone would bite it for $1800 (probably too high, but i can't part with it for less). I am 6'1" and the medium status definitely feels on the small side for me. I have considered looking for a large YT Tues due to the low price. On the flip side, I could sell it and upgrade the Kona for slightly more aggressive riding, and make it my all around bike. Finally, I could keep it and stick with the small feel and 26" tires.

I'm interested to hear some opinions about what I should do.

Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 11:11 Quote
I'm 6'3 and my large status is quite small

Go for the tues!

Posted: Feb 22, 2017 at 11:59 Quote
Iám 5"11 and a Large is perfect for me. and wen your 6'3 u need and XL Wink dont know if specs makes them though

Posted: Feb 22, 2017 at 12:52 Quote
Dickiescbb wrote:
Iám 5"11 and a Large is perfect for me. and wen your 6'3 u need and XL Wink dont know if specs makes them though
am 5 10 and find my medium is too small for me, dickies cbb a bit off topic i see your from the Netherlands is there any decent bike parks across there?

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 17:38 Quote
Dickiescbb wrote:

they didn't make an XL status

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 7:27 Quote
Air or coil in rear, 2015 status.
I'm picking up a status for my son, he is 14 and not very aggressive at all. We will be riding it exclusively at the parks, including summer gravity camp in Whistler.
So should I put a vivid air or coil shock on the rear. We are going to put this fox float 36 180 on the front.
thx

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 7:45 Quote
Tomfish1 wrote:
Air or coil in rear, 2015 status.
I'm picking up a status for my son, he is 14 and not very aggressive at all. We will be riding it exclusively at the parks, including summer gravity camp in Whistler.
So should I put a vivid air or coil shock on the rear. We are going to put this fox float 36 180 on the front.
thx

One or the other is good, of course air is lighter and will make it easier for him to handle the bike, although they're usually more expensive. I doubt he'll realise the difference in performance so apart from weight I would go with what your budget can get you.

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 9:06 Quote
Whats he using just now and does he like the feel of it, or is this his first full sus bike? i have just got a air shock but havnt got it fitted yet so i dont know what the differance is between them but the performance should be the same, sept from how the shock feels , air is easy to set your sag instead of getting the right spring,

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 9:30 Quote
grantgeesmith wrote:
Whats he using just now and does he like the feel of it, or is this his first full sus bike? i have just got a air shock but havnt got it fitted yet so i dont know what the differance is between them but the performance should be the same, sept from how the shock feels , air is easy to set your sag instead of getting the right spring,
he has an SX trail right now with coil rear and air totem in front and it is perfect for him but he has grown out of it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012472
Mobile Version of Website