Powered by Outside

Rampage Returns!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Rampage Returns!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 at 15:16 Quote
So...i just got in and found the new MBUK waiting for me...

In the Hype section on page 28 it says...

The word on the biking grapevine is that the world famous Red Bull Rampage event will return in '08, with some man made stuff added to enhance proceedings. We also hear the event's returning with some serious backing too, from Freeride Entertainment, the creators of the New World Disorder series.

The Red Bull Rampage was different. The huck-filled freestyle competition ran from 2000 to 2004 in a monstrous canyon in Utah, and images of the huge moves pulled have become part of mountain biking legend.

A select brand of riders have already been invited, among them - Gee Atherton who the Brits insist was 'robbed' of victory when the event was last staged in 2004.

Mind you, with the event being in March, Gee will, and not for the first time, have to balance his freeride mania with the start of his 'proper job' on the downhill circuit.

Freeriders have no such worries: "After the last comp there wasn't much left that could be done in that zone," says four-time Rampager Dave Watson. "But now that slopestyle has pushed the envelope of riding even further, another Rampage is going to be insane."

Just thought everyone should know! Big Grin Salute

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 at 20:34 Quote
its about time!!!

i've been wanting it to come back.
it sounds like its gunna be sikk.
why did they even stop it in the first place.

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 7:57 Quote
I really hope that this is true. As cool as DJing and slopestyle are, I still love the big-mountain schralping. Hopefully, it will be as good as it was back in '03 and '04, and that it doesn't turn into another slopestyle event. Rampage lives!

FL
Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 7:59 Quote
Oh my god no f*cking way another rampage you better not be yanking our chain but if your not i am so f*cking amazed!!!!!

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 8:01 Quote
MajesticMOOSE wrote:
I really hope that this is true. As cool as DJing and slopestyle are, I still love the big-mountain schralping. Hopefully, it will be as good as it was back in '03 and '04, and that it doesn't turn into another slopestyle event. Rampage lives!

i agree

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 8:13 Quote
I'm so stoked that the rampage is coming back,This is fantastic news and slopestyle is getting bored and lame.Pure freeride at it's best.

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 8:15 Quote
this is so sweet ive been looking forward to another rampage. i just hope it doesnt turn into another slopestyle event becuase i think we should have a pure freeride event. Romaniuk is gonna dominate

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 8:37 Quote
i hope this is true!
rampage rocks!
I think that it gets more riders into the sport than any other event.
people who don't ride find hucking off a MASSIVE cliff with a HUGE gap to it alot more impressive than say 360'ing off a drop less than half the size, because they can't really appreciate the skill it takes to do that because they don't ride.
but when they see this lil guy in comparison to the cliff, they are mighty impressed!
now i appreciate slopestyle aND i love it but we need something different every now and then! something bigger! something more natural to get back to the "soul" of freeriding
thats my lil rant

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 13:21 Quote
mtbiker189 wrote:
Romaniuk is gonna dominate

No he isn't. He's gone out of big moutnain riding.

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 13:49 Quote
Now when they said that some man made stuff will be added, what exactly do they mean. That is one step away from evolving into a slopestyle event. If they keep it clean, and only add a couple little things to make more areas accesibble, that would be fine. But if they start adding a bunch of teeters, and wall rides and al that crap, it just won't be the same.

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 13:53 Quote
I can't find ANY other sources for this. I haven't seen the MBUK. It doesn't surprise me if this is true but I need more confirmation. Can anyone else from the UK confirm that this writeup is real?

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 13:56 Quote
sqrleprle wrote:
Now when they said that some man made stuff will be added, what exactly do they mean. That is one step away from evolving into a slopestyle event. If they keep it clean, and only add a couple little things to make more areas accesibble, that would be fine. But if they start adding a bunch of teeters, and wall rides and al that crap, it just won't be the same.

i think the man made stuff could be something like some obstacles running onto the finish line, i.e. they do thier run on the big natural stuff then as they come down to the finish gate they do there fancy slopestyle stuff. To be honest it should be kept all natural as that was RBR has always been about, riders scoping out the natural lines and tweaking them with a shovel. I think though that more tricks will be introduced into next years RBR. should be interesting to find out what actually is going to happen.

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 13:58 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
I can't find ANY other sources for this. I haven't seen the MBUK. It doesn't surprise me if this is true but I need more confirmation. Can anyone else from the UK confirm that this writeup is real?

Yep liek the guy said at the start of the post page 28 Hype. Got a big picture of a guy table topping a demo 8 with fox 40's

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 14:10 Quote
Here is the article

photo

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 23:42 Quote
This is such awesome news. As sick as slopestyle is with all the tricks it is not actual freeriding and it can get a little monotonous at times with people hitting the same lines. With the rampage back not only do we get the massive gaps, drops, and unique lines, but with most likely tricks too. 360 drops, Tailwhip drops, No-Handered step downs, steezed gaps...It is going to be insane. It is really good to see a true freeride come back. God I already get goosebumps thinking of how massive riders are gonna go. Bringing back Rampage is awesome for mountain biking.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014020
Mobile Version of Website