Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 3:41 Quote
Eastbournemtber wrote:
yea they're 800mm - jumped from 750mm bars to these to see if it really makes that much more difference, time will tell

I've had 785mm 18mm rise bars, now using Atlas 35 800mm 20mm rise, they look wide but once you are sat on your bike bars around this size feel just right for me with around 8/9 degree back sweep and 4/5 degree up. But best to match them to a shorter stem else you'll be stretched out to much.

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 3:48 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fstatic1.mtb-news.de/f3/17/1754/1754573-o7l8fs6o8gul-sam_0245-large.jpg
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fstatic0.mtb-news.de/f3/17/1754/1754572-02l4kh94i9x2-sam_0248-large.jpg
My 2012 Nukeproof Mega. Smile

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 3:51 Quote
silverfish1974 wrote:
Eastbournemtber wrote:
yea they're 800mm - jumped from 750mm bars to these to see if it really makes that much more difference, time will tell

I've had 785mm 18mm rise bars, now using Atlas 35 800mm 20mm rise, they look wide but once you are sat on your bike bars around this size feel just right for me with around 8/9 degree back sweep and 4/5 degree up. But best to match them to a shorter stem else you'll be stretched out to much.

These are flatbars but I've angled them ever so slightly to give an effective 5mm rise - feels more comfortable on my wrists, otherwise its the standard 9mm backsweep etc. so will be easier to directly compare to my old 750mm bars that were also 9mm backsweep but were 20mm riser bars. I'm running a 50mm stem at the moment, feels pretty comfortable with the width Vs reach, but I'm tempted to try a 40mm stem to see how it feels (CRC have some well priced offers on stems at the mo!)

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 6:44 Quote
Eastbournemtber wrote:
silverfish1974 wrote:
Eastbournemtber wrote:

These are flatbars but I've angled them ever so slightly to give an effective 5mm rise - feels more comfortable on my wrists, otherwise its the standard 9mm backsweep etc. so will be easier to directly compare to my old 750mm bars that were also 9mm backsweep but were 20mm riser bars. I'm running a 50mm stem at the moment, feels pretty comfortable with the width Vs reach, but I'm tempted to try a 40mm stem to see how it feels (CRC have some well priced offers on stems at the mo!)
also during steering you outside hand will be a lot further forward with a wider bar, just something to keep in mind. i went from a 710 bar to 740 & had to raise the stem, still too much of a stretch (with 35mm stem length) especially when steering hard so now ordered another bar with 5mm higher rise & more backsweep.

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 7:04 Quote
Thomson have the x4 elite in 40mm now but can't find it for sale in the UK yet, only in the USA but I reckon it will be about £70!...

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 11:56 Quote
hambee-enchurbro wrote:
sup3rc0w wrote:
photo

Poverty cranks on there for now, while I wait for the Next SL to turn up. 27.98LBS Smile

Sweet bike dude! I have had the same one for 2 weeks and am loving it but definitely planning some upgrades!

Why did you change to the 36 over the pike?

I dislike the limited range of adjustments. I like having independent HSC and LSC. Also, the 36 are pure beef, and I like the chunkiness up front Smile

Not feeling the black pedals on it though, what do we all reckon - red pedals?

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 12:15 Quote
my enduro 650b elite, many upgrades to come
getting sixc bars and an atlats stem in in a couple days
btw does anyone know if you can run an ohlins shock, I know you can on the evo, I want to put it on this
photo

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 12:32 Quote
christianlund wrote:
my enduro 650b elite, many upgrades to come
getting sixc bars and an atlats stem in in a couple days
btw does anyone know if you can run an ohlins shock, I know you can on the evo, I want to put it on this
photo
beautiful bike!! dont quote me on this but im pretty sure the evo and the regular enduro are the same frame just a larger shock and fork. so you should be able to run an ohlins

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 12:45 Quote
NS ECCENTRIC 17.5 slx xt raceface narrowide 1x10 elixir r revelation 140mm dual air ns quantum ns evidence Thompson elite

my ns eccentric medium
also running 26' wheels

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 12:46 Quote
sup3rc0w wrote:
hambee-enchurbro wrote:
sup3rc0w wrote:
photo

Poverty cranks on there for now, while I wait for the Next SL to turn up. 27.98LBS Smile

Sweet bike dude! I have had the same one for 2 weeks and am loving it but definitely planning some upgrades!

I dislike the limited range of adjustments. I like having independent HSC and LSC. Also, the 36 are pure beef, and I like the chunkiness up front Smile

Orange Holmes....compliments the blue bits on suss and matches the fork....Cool

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 12:47 Quote
silverfish1974 wrote:
Thomson have the x4 elite in 40mm now but can't find it for sale in the UK yet, only in the USA but I reckon it will be about £70!...

Cheers, I'll keep an eye out for that one, always a fan of Thomson stuff. I was thinking about a matching Kore 45mm stem, CRC have them for just under £30 the last time I looked.
Thanks for the feedback buddy

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 13:03 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
sup3rc0w wrote:
hambee-enchurbro wrote:

Silver!

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 13:07 Quote
BinChaser wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
sup3rc0w wrote:

Silver!
Orange or fluro yellow.

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 13:33 Quote
GaryOrange5 wrote:
BinChaser wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Silver!
Orange or fluro yellow.
Green.

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 13:41 Quote
A powder coated flat yellow would look nice to match the bit of yellow in the frame. But I'd choose black almost always.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023640
Mobile Version of Website