The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 4:48 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Guys I need a new front wheel and a rear rim, my front hub is dying and my rims are stock, plus I hate mismatched rims so I thought I might as well start looking for a complete front and rear rim, I am a heavy 240 dude, any recomendations? I might actually just get a whole new custom bike since I'm already saving up for a new frame lol

Budget? You pretty much can't go wrong with Hazard Lites. And front hubs are almost all the same so pick a cheap one in a pretty colour.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 4:49 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Guys I need a new front wheel and a rear rim, my front hub is dying and my rims are stock, plus I hate mismatched rims so I thought I might as well start looking for a complete front and rear rim, I am a heavy 240 dude, any recomendations? I might actually just get a whole new custom bike since I'm already saving up for a new frame lol

Budget? You pretty much can't go wrong with Hazard Lites. And front hubs are almost all the same so pick a cheap one in a pretty colour.
Wheels are something I am not looking forward to save money on, tbh this time I'm planning on buying quality shit for once lol. I'll take a look at Hazard lights and a female hub, maybe saltplus

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 4:53 Quote
I need a new back hub. I just want to decide whether I'm going to keep riding next spring first so I don't waste my money.

I'm going to join the cool freecoaster crew if I do.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 4:53 Quote
raytheotter wrote:
I need a new back hub. I just want to decide whether I'm going to keep riding next spring first so I don't waste my money.

Are you considering quitting? You were cool man..you were cool

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 4:56 Quote
jespinal wrote:
raytheotter wrote:

Are you considering quitting? You were cool man..you were cool

I'm considering it. My bones ache man haha. Although it's not too bad when it's warm.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 5:48 Quote
I hate to be an opportunist but if you want to quit hit me up if you sell your bike lol

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 5:50 Quote
jespinal wrote:
I hate to be an opportunist but if you want to quit hit me up if you sell your bike lol

Never ever sell your bike. Even if you quit. That's my rule. It will go in a cupboard and a few of the bits will go to people who need them.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 9:12 Quote
On another note just came back from a quick sesh, learnt levitators to feeble to crankflip and oppo feeble 180 to feakie to pegs.

I can't cab out of the double peg tho

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 12:52 Quote
http://abc7ny.com/news/investigation-into-stunts-by-bmx-riders-at-long-island-water-park/1634462/

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 12:59 Quote
brenteaton wrote:
http://abc7ny.com/news/investigation-into-stunts-by-bmx-riders-at-long-island-water-park/1634462/

Now the rodeo peanut post makes sense. https://www.instagram.com/p/BNe--dTjsY2/?taken-by=rodeopeanut

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 14:47 Quote
raytheotter wrote:

if you join up go with a tried and true option. Im partial to the federal but any of the ones that are soacer style adjustable slack should be the go to.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 14:47 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
raytheotter wrote:

if you join up go with a tried and true option. Im partial to the federal but any of the ones that are soacer style adjustable slack should be the go to.

That was the idea.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 14:49 Quote
They are also selling one now that comes with hub gaurds. Got the plastic NDS one and its pretty decent, sits further from the spokes than the old alloy one so less spoke rub on chanffered ledges.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 14:55 Quote
Lol @ billy perry getting caught.

Kinda one of those "no shit" moments.

Looked like crazy place to ride either way.

Posted: Dec 1, 2016 at 17:11 Quote
This would be the downside to bringing in outside attention to a sport based on trespassing and vandalism. Sucks to say it out loud but that's what it is. Especially stupid to do something like that if you have a youtube vlog with significant following.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028011
Mobile Version of Website