How fast can a 125cc dirt bike go?

PB Forum :: Beginners
How fast can a 125cc dirt bike go?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 15:57 Quote
Just wondering how fast a 125cc goes. I used to have one of those crapy baja mini bikes and it said it was 196cc and it didn't go fast at all. Now I have this bike photobucket.com/albums/r528/thegeckoguru
the mechanic says it is 125cc so how fast should it go? Is 125cc fast? What age is recommended for a 125cc dirt bike? Thanks

Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 16:09 Quote
Not sure on an actual value for it's speed, but it doesn't look to be overly quick. Not boringly slow but not scary fast if you get me lol

As for generalisations about 125cc, it really depends on the bike, same as a car. You can have a 125cc Motocross bike like a YZ125 which're off their tits, and then you have a WR125X which is a learner legal (UK spec) bike, that's very tame

As for reccomended age, it again depends on the bike, but also rider skill and size. If you're new to motorbikes and an adult a 125 is a good starter Smile

Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 21:21 Quote
top speed is just not relevent when your talking bout mx. ive been riding since i was like 5 and ive prob only hit top speed on my bikes in the desert. you will use low end grunt torque power 99 percent of the time. in my opinion though 125's are kind of an in between underpowered bike. more for supercross. they are fun to ride cuz they are so light but grossly underpowered. itll go like 60-70 dependin on gearing to answer ur question. but if your big enough to ride a big bike just get a four stroke 250 like a yzf r sumthing. twice the power as a 125 but it rolls on smoother so its more managable. 125's ur on the clutch constantly.

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 1:57 Quote
You should check these out

http://www.fxbikes.com/

Its the worlds lightest off road 125cc bike. Basically a crossover between a MX bike and a DH Mountain bike.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008900
Mobile Version of Website