Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 1:26 Quote
AJOAKES wrote:
Yes, but you'll still need to lengthen the chain.
right I've now got the XT size M cage on all set up perfect . Only problem is the chain has a bit of sag in 10th gear but it's a perfect fit up in the 40T .. Do I leave it like that ? And allow travel sag to pull the sag up in 10th gear .?? If I remove a link then chain is /looks to short for the 40T mmmmm

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 1:30 Quote
Add extra B-tension.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 2:44 Quote
The medium cage should work fine with no slack. It has a total capacity of 35 from what I can see. Are you measuring the chain properly (chain wrapped around the two big cogs bypassing the mech plus 2 links at full compression) or just guessing?

Just leaving it slack won't work because your suspension isn't always sagged.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 3:25 Quote
peter413 wrote:
The medium cage should work fine with no slack. It has a total capacity of 35 from what I can see. Are you measuring the chain properly (chain wrapped around the two big cogs bypassing the mech plus 2 links at full compression) or just guessing?

Just leaving it slack won't work because your suspension isn't always sagged.
I'm just guessing dong it by eye really . So to do it right I need to put chain on the front ring and the top big 40ring but don't use the mech and add 2 links at full compression ? Never used that way before so thanks .

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 3:43 Quote
That's the one. You can also get away with a link or two short a chain if you're confident you're never going to bottom out in 1st gear but you have to be absolutely certain which is why it isn't recommended.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 4:11 Quote
peter413 wrote:
That's the one. You can also get away with a link or two short a chain if you're confident you're never going to bottom out in 1st gear but you have to be absolutely certain which is why it isn't recommended.
magic great advice I followed your way and is now perfect . Thanks

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 4:46 Quote
Up and running sweeeet thanks for the help
Works sweeeet now

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 5:43 Quote
superbikes wrote:
Up and running sweeeet thanks for the help
Works sweeeet now
ps I did order a size M cage mech but this looks like size Long ? No size on the box

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 6:17 Quote
Shimano call them GS (medium) and SGS (long). Did the box have either of those written on it?

I'm on mobile so can't tell very well from the picture but it does look like it could be an SGS.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 6:50 Quote
my nookie in action on some of the best natural trails here Smile

Views: 1,611    Faves: 2    Comments: 18

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 6:58 Quote
peter413 wrote:
Shimano call them GS (medium) and SGS (long). Did the box have either of those written on it?

I'm on mobile so can't tell very well from the picture but it does look like it could be an SGS.
it says GS on the box . Good job you know your stuff I had no idea

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 7:19 Quote
superbikes wrote:
peter413 wrote:

ps do you think chain lengh looks ok from my pic ? It does pull forward when travel is at full but it's all clear nothing hitting anything .

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 7:31 Quote
Got a CCDB with Ti spring on the way for my megaSmile cant waitSmile !!

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 7:44 Quote
jamescarinduff wrote:
Got a CCDB with Ti spring on the way for my megaSmile cant waitSmile !!
yes I'm considering one of those with Ti spring aswell I've started doing bigger drops and the air shock is just not up to it

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 8:09 Quote
superbikes wrote:
superbikes wrote:
peter413 wrote:

ps do you think chain lengh looks ok from my pic ? It does pull forward when travel is at full but it's all clear nothing hitting anything .

If anything it could still be a little long. Two links is three pins. It's hard to tell without actually seeing the bike.

And with your shock, is it just bottoming out too easily? If so then that's quite common. It means you're either not running enough air pressure, the compression tune is wrong or the air volume is too much. Try upping the pressure a little and if that works but the ride is too harsh then play about with a volume reduction kit. It means the shock becomes more progressive so resists bottoming better plus it helps the bike to sit up in its travel a bit more. Grease or bits of tube can be used but I prefer to use the proper kits, they're not that expensive really.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016936
Mobile Version of Website