Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: May 21, 2015 at 21:40 Quote
Theeeeo wrote:
Have you ever taking your AM for a climb or a wee little epic?

I've bikepacked mine check out my profile for Chilcotin trip.

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 22:07 Quote
Conanangus wrote:

Superstar are doing a deal on them at the moment for pinkbike users. If you go back to may deals

You sir just saved me £7.50! Thank you very much indeed.

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 2:19 Quote
Does anyone have TR with CCDBA? Any pictures and reviews?

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 3:59 Quote
b-wilde wrote:
Check out the angles online. Can't say I have ever had an issue always felt solid to me and is still focused more on the down than the ups. Never really had a chance to properly push it on a downhill track mind but the trail descents a natural stuff I rode it on it ate up and encourages you to go harder than 130 on the back should.

Thanks for the help, what would you expect to pay for a 2014 Tr frame in good condition?
Cheers

O+
Posted: May 22, 2015 at 4:32 Quote
chrisiddon wrote:
b-wilde wrote:
Check out the angles online. Can't say I have ever had an issue always felt solid to me and is still focused more on the down than the ups. Never really had a chance to properly push it on a downhill track mind but the trail descents a natural stuff I rode it on it ate up and encourages you to go harder than 130 on the back should.

Thanks for the help, what would you expect to pay for a 2014 Tr frame in good condition?
Cheers
Paid $900 USD new. Frame and shock.

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 5:11 Quote
Anyone know of any 26" AM frames for sale? Size Large

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 9:23 Quote
Okay, so I am new to all of this Downhill scene, however, going with a friend he was saying I need to get a chain guide (after my chain came off a couple times) does anyone have any recommendations on what to go for on a Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp 2014?

Any help would be awesome!

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 10:31 Quote
chrisiddon wrote:
b-wilde wrote:

Cheers

Got one for sale. Not just the frame and is 2013 so 26 wheels. Full build in xl (not as bug as it sounds come up relatively small, part of the reason I am selling. 6ft 3 so need something roomier) priced at £1K if your tempted let me know.

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 10:53 Quote
b-m-xican wrote:
Okay, so I am new to all of this Downhill scene, however, going with a friend he was saying I need to get a chain guide (after my chain came off a couple times) does anyone have any recommendations on what to go for on a Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp 2014?

A full on guide and tensioner is best for real gnarly stuff.

http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/plasma-chain-device.htm

Or just a simple guide if you dont mind abitta chain chatter.

http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/xcr-bb-mount-chainguide.htm

The mega am 275 pro comes with a truative/xo guide and tensioner, you might find one on ebay

O+
Posted: May 23, 2015 at 2:46 Quote
b-m-xican wrote:

Radr cage finally on. Just waiting on bushings from TF Tuned. Can t decide on cranks. Saint XT or RF Atlas
I just use a MRP guide. Gonna switch to a MRP AMG guide soon because it has a taco on it. But with this setup, I have zero problems. It's a N/W with clutch.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2015 at 4:30 Quote
650b vs. a 26" (spec options, not wheelsize Wink )

just going on the market at the moment I can sort of go down either two paths;
I've definitely decided on the Mega TR, however if I was to go 26" I could build the bike with Fox Float 34s and Spank Oozys, or, I could go 650b with the Kore mega wheelset and Rockshox Revelation RCT3 (2015) forks

they both roughly work out at the same price, I've heard positive reviews for Kore's wheelsets, whilst ive heard some not so good reviews for Spank's other wheelsets (e.g. soft metal, scratch easily) Havent really seen anything about the Revelation as the Pike has been dominating everything, as for the Fox 34s I wouldnt really have a problem with them (mentioned before about not feeling flex and being quite light)

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 4:44 Quote
Theeeeo wrote:

I've definitely decided on the Mega TR, however if I was to go 26" I could build the bike with Fox Float 34s and Spank Oozys, or, I could go 650b with the Kore mega wheelset and Rockshox Revelation RCT3 (2015) forks

they both roughly work out at the same price, I've heard positive reviews for Kore's wheelsets, whilst ive heard some not so good reviews for Spank's other wheelsets (e.g. soft metal, scratch easily) Havent really seen anything about the Revelation as the Pike has been dominating everything, as for the Fox 34s I wouldnt really have a problem with them (mentioned before about not feeling flex and being quite light)

I'd go Mattoc over Revelation. Revelation has only 32mm stanchions and I've heard people saying it's pretty flexy... That's what pinkbike review of 26" Mega TR says too. I've heard some good reviews about Mattoc though and the price is spot on!

O+
Posted: May 23, 2015 at 4:53 Quote
Yeah man, I've only heard positive reviews about the Mattoc too, but they're kinda pricey in the secondhand market, I think ive seen 1 or 2 pikes go for about 340 before...

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 4:54 Quote
Wale wrote:
Theeeeo wrote:

I'd go Mattoc over Revelation. Revelation has only 32mm stanchions and I've heard people saying it's pretty flexy... That's what pinkbike review of 26" Mega TR says too. I've heard some good reviews about Mattoc though and the price is spot on!
cmon gwt the 26 and keep it alive

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 4:59 Quote
Mega-Man wrote:
Anyone know of any 26" AM frames for sale? Size Large

Depends how much are you willing to pay Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013793
Mobile Version of Website