Rockshox Revelation- reduced travel issue

PB Forum :: SRAM
Rockshox Revelation- reduced travel issue
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Jun 27, 2013 at 1:46 Quote
Hello guys. I've got a problem with my 2009 Revelation (Dual air, motion control with POPloc, 140mm). I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is, but thought I'd throw it out there for suggestions, just in case I have missed something simple! Although the bike is a 2009 model, I bought it last year second hand and it was like new. The previous owner had bought it for a weekend in the lakes and then it had just sat in his house for 3 years unused. I don't ride as often as I would like, so to be honest the fork has had a very easy life so far...

On a recent ride I noticed that the fork was not achieving full travel. It still felt plush through the available travel and appeared to be working reasonably well, however it was only getting about half way through the stroke before stopping. It almost feels like it is bottoming out, not harshly, but it won't go any further. I got the bike home and let all the air out of both the + & - springs to see if this would allow the fork to be compressed fully. But after measuring it, it is only achieving 70mm of travel instead of the full 140mm.

I am pretty competent when it comes to home servicing and would be happy to have a go at the basic stuff like a lower leg service, but I don't want to go as far as full service just in case I mess up and make thing worse! I am reluctant to send off for a service because of the cost, but will do if this is the only option.

Any suggestions?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007756
Mobile Version of Website