Marzocchi Lowering Thread. First Post Tells You How.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzocchi Lowering Thread. First Post Tells You How.
Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 12:32 Quote
HardtailHucker03 wrote:
can I lower a dc shiver to around 150-160mm

Yes.

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 12:50 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
HardtailHucker03 wrote:
can I lower a dc shiver to around 150-160mm

Yes.
how? what parts do I need?

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 13:06 Quote
Oh, yes. I forgot the magic. Can't lower one without that.

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 13:18 Quote
I'm serious I need the specifics

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 13:19 Quote
You need some handlebar. That's it

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 13:31 Quote
Read the first post like the title of the thread states.

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 13:33 Quote
It doesn't give him specifics about the Shiver. He's asking for confirmation on something he admits he does not understand. Either help him or don't touch the keyboard.

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 13:36 Quote
Ok. Shivers run HSCV internals. Cut the bar to the length you wish to lose in travel. Insert under the negative spring, (if unsure find an exploded diagram from Zocchi website)

Cut spring if nescassery.

Job done.

Also Sherb let us be, we just having a little fun Razz

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 13:41 Quote
I let you be for a time!

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 13:43 Quote
What can I do to "silence" my handlebar spacers? everytime i go off a curb or set of stairs I hear a "clunk" from the handlebar spacers knocking about.

I'm gonna take the fork apart sometime this week to raise it up an inch or so, I'm gonna cut some shorter spacers from the left over handlebar

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 13:47 Quote
Marzocchi does not give exoded diagrams anymore. I still wouldn't bother the shiver is litteraly a mx fork off a kids race bike from the early 2000's

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 13:48 Quote
debonis wrote:
What can I do to "silence" my handlebar spacers? everytime i go off a curb or set of stairs I hear a "clunk" from the handlebar spacers knocking about.

I'm gonna take the fork apart sometime this week to raise it up an inch or so, I'm gonna cut some shorter spacers from the left over handlebar
is it rattling because there is side to side play between the shaft (heh) and the inside of the spacer? or is there up and down play between the end of the spacer and the parts it rests on?

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 13:50 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
debonis wrote:

is it rattling because there is side to side play between the shaft (heh) and the inside of the spacer? or is there up and down play between the end of the spacer and the parts it rests on?

Bit of bothI"m guessing. I really hear it when the fork rebounds back to full length.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036675
Mobile Version of Website