Marzocchi Lowering Thread. First Post Tells You How.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzocchi Lowering Thread. First Post Tells You How.
Posted: Jan 7, 2016 at 13:54 Quote
Does anybody know if it's possible to get rid of the top out noise on DJ1's without having to increase the rebound?

Posted: Jan 7, 2016 at 14:35 Quote
michaelangelothepayner wrote:
Does anybody know if it's possible to get rid of the top out noise on DJ1's without having to increase the rebound?

Is it like a clunk sound? Try a rubber stopper of some sort to fit on he top out assembly..may help.

Posted: Jan 7, 2016 at 14:52 Quote
debonis wrote:

Is it like a clunk sound? Try a rubber stopper of some sort to fit on he top out assembly..may help.

photo

Yes it's like a clunk or a ding sound. Is it this side that hits? Is that spring in the photo the top out spring?

Posted: Jan 7, 2016 at 16:23 Quote
I've heard of people adding an extra top out spring or two in order to fix the top out clunk. I'm pretty sure that's your top out spring there

Posted: Jan 7, 2016 at 19:14 Quote
It is the top out spring. Maybe a bushing would work also. Some sort of firm rubber.

Posted: Jan 8, 2016 at 20:34 Quote
Thanks guys! I'm going to try to get another top out spring to put in there but it seems they're hard to find. If I do put a bushing in there will it lower the fork the height of the bushing and should I put it on top of the spring? I wish I would have measured the O.D. of the cartridge when it was out lol.

Posted: Jan 8, 2016 at 21:00 Quote
Thanks guys! I'm going to try to get another top out spring to put in there but it seems they're hard to find. If I do put a bushing in there will it lower the fork the height of the bushing and should I put it on top of the spring? I wish I would have measured the O.D. of the cartridge when it was out lol.
Anthing you put under or above the spring will lower the fork. ie: if you put a 5mm bushing, you will lower the fork by 5mm.

Posted: Jan 8, 2016 at 21:53 Quote
BSal wrote:
Anthing you put under or above the spring will lower the fork. I Ie; if you put a 5mm bushing, you will lower the fork by 5mm.

Ok that's what I thought but wanted to make sure. I can live with 95mm. Thanks again!

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 12:23 Quote
So I have a 55R that I am about to lower and from what I am reading here, it works well just to take the coil out in forks like it and just use the air preload as the spring. To everyone that has done it, does it hold up well? Is it stiff enough? Thanks.

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 13:17 Quote
Dunno if it applies to the 55 but I got the worst top out clunk from my old dj3s when I did the air preload conversion. I've heard of people squeezing in an extra top out spring to remedy it

I lowered my 55rc3 by 30mm and didn't need to cut the coil. Right bitch to get the top cap done up with all that preload but it doesn't feel any less plush. I wouldn't be able to lower it any further with the standard coil though

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 23:20 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Dunno if it applies to the 55 but I got the worst top out clunk from my old dj3s when I did the air preload conversion. I've heard of people squeezing in an extra top out spring to remedy it

I lowered my 55rc3 by 30mm and didn't need to cut the coil. Right bitch to get the top cap done up with all that preload but it doesn't feel any less plush. I wouldn't be able to lower it any further with the standard coil though

Thanks man Salute Was thinking more for losing the weight of the spring, cut the spring for a Van 36 a couple months ago and that was no trouble really, so it's just a matter of that. Really wouldn't want that top out clunk either though.

Posted: Jan 18, 2016 at 6:50 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
Been working on my Bomber 66rcv..

100mm spacers lowering to 80mm.. Hoping to remove the spring all togehter and run full air.. Just ran into another problem, have 475ml oil, need 520ml, so a trip to my LBS is in the near future.. need to cut the steer tube

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/sublimewind/Bike%20Pics/20151114_203501.jpg
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/sublimewind/Bike%20Pics/20151114_203453.jpg
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/sublimewind/Bike%20Pics/20151020_175557.jpg

What I did with my 66, need cut the rebound spring down, thought I could get away without.. don't think I can, too much stiction and the PVC spacers knock really bad

Posted: Jan 18, 2016 at 11:12 Quote
I would have put the springs under the spacers, if the spacers sit flush against the top of the rod.

Posted: Jan 18, 2016 at 11:43 Quote
BSal wrote:
I would have put the springs under the spacers, if the spacers sit flush against the top of the rod.

I would've done the same.

Gonna be lowering my fork again in the next few days after paint, Just need to find some PVC.

Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 17:28 Quote
So been wondering about my TST2/Rebound cartridge....is this possible to take apart, at all? It's out of a 2007 Bomber AM1 fork.

There's a C-Clip at the top, but I've removed it before and didn't seem to do much. At the bottom, I removed a little threaded ring with some C-Clip pliers but it only gave me access to a rubber O ring..

P.S. I remove the rod that goes inside, it screws into a nut that slides around on the inside....which seems to come undone sometimes when I reassemble/take apart the fork....rather annoying.

TST2 Rebound Cartridge

TST2 Rebound Cartridge

TST2 Rebound Cartridge

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015466
Mobile Version of Website