2015 Giant Glory 27,5

PB Forum :: Giant
2015 Giant Glory 27,5
Posted: Aug 20, 2015 at 10:55 Quote
odesseo wrote:
Sick! And the switch to Fox suspension.
thats the most impressive part. high end fox. carbon frame, for that little?

FL
Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 13:16 Quote
how skorp, i have removed some blue stuff on the frame (upper link)
Yesterday first riding with the new Fox Float x2 2016

giant glory 27.5 0 2015 third step - aug 2015

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 13:36 Quote
grammyx wrote:
how skorp, i have removed some blue stuff on the frame (upper link)
Yesterday first riding with the new Fox Float x2 2016

sick! how did it feel with the giant glory chassis?

Posted: Sep 5, 2015 at 7:16 Quote
Hi guys,

planning to get a 2015 Glory 0. I'm right between sizes i guess :/ . I'm 6 foot (182cm) tall, and I don't really know which size should i get. I currently ride a Large YT Tues (older one) but it is a really short bike.

thanks for the help

Posted: Sep 5, 2015 at 10:40 Quote
mate1998 wrote:
Hi guys,

planning to get a 2015 Glory 0. I'm right between sizes i guess :/ . I'm 6 foot (182cm) tall, and I don't really know which size should i get. I currently ride a Large YT Tues (older one) but it is a really short bike.

thanks for the help
large for sure! I'm on a medium at 5 9 and it's comfy. Buddy of mine is 6 4 and tried a large and was close to perfect size

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2015 at 17:20 Quote
I'm 180cms on large and it's good, I could ride medium fine too.

Posted: Sep 7, 2015 at 15:51 Quote
Does anyone know what the bushing dimensions are?
Is it still a 30mm/8mm bolt like on older Glory's?
I'm not at home so no way to measure...

Posted: Sep 8, 2015 at 11:29 Quote
Does anyone know if there will be a Glory 0 for 2016? I see they updated their 2016 bikes, but only Glory 1&2.

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 at 9:26 Quote
Can we re-open the discussion on the Vivid shock?

Dual rebound settings - I'm still trying to figure out which one applies where.

Which knob (begining/ending rebound) would help dail in feel in these two settings....

Shock packing up on high speed chop?

Bucking on lippy jumps/table?

As an aside, went to a #350 spring from a #400. I weigh #180 plus gear. Big change for the better. I've been able to bring my rebound settings down, and more to the middle. Had to dial in very high rebound damping settings to get control of the heavier spring. I also went down to a medium spring in the Boxxer. Added a few pre-load spacers and a bit more LSC. Much better as well.

Bike gets better every time I ride it. Thought a large might be too long for my tighter NE trails - I'm 6'. But after going back to the lower, narrower stock bars, cornering sped up. The longer, slacker bike has also saved my neck more than once on the super steeps. Sizing down to a medium from a large is a big jump on this bike - so I think for guys around 6', a large is the my to go, IMO.

Posted: Sep 12, 2015 at 8:20 Quote
I have some more questions about the 2015 frames:

Does anyone know if the 'peacock' color scheme is anodized black with colored paint on top just like the black/blue frame?

Is it easy to switch to a different brand/type shock with these frames or do they need a special tuning?

FL
Posted: Sep 12, 2015 at 11:11 Quote
makripper wrote:
sick! how did it feel with the giant glory chassis?

Hi, the fox float x2 is super plush and super customizable
progression, high low compression and high low rebound
top !!

odesseo wrote:
Does anyone know if there will be a Glory 0 for 2016? I see they updated their 2016 bikes, but only Glory 1&2.

in europe no, only 1 and 2 alu 2016
glory 0 is only advanced, and i am waiting for my new glory advanced 0 2016 :-)
bye

FL
Posted: Sep 13, 2015 at 12:55 Quote
sorry !!
last step for my glory
I removed all blue stuff on the frame (giant and blue logo on the top tube)
how does it look??

I have put winter tires :-)

giant glory 27.5 0 2015 fourth step - sep 2015

Posted: Sep 13, 2015 at 15:33 Quote
Hi man!

I've been playing with my suspension and it got a lot better than before when I run it softer.

The starting setting for vivid are 3-4-10 (compression-ending stroke rebound-beginning stroke rebound) but now I run 5-6 clicks of compression, 5 ending stoke and 12 beginning stroke. Bike feels now planted to the ground. I'm on 350 coil now and it gives me 25-26% sag so I think it's a rather stiff setup.

At the front I've got world cups running 20% sag with 3 tokens (measured when leaning on the bars) and I'm running 10 click of compression and 10 rebound but I've just changed the rebound to 12 and see how they gonna feel.

Regarding your question about the rebound. The best answer would be to have a look at the trail side tuning guide that sram have. It's for the older vivid but same settings apply. If the shock packs up on the choppy stuff it could be the beginning rebound being too slow but Vivid also could be low compression setting too open. Also that shock has some separate rebound circuit called 'rapid recovery' that in theory applies to preserve shock from packing up from consecutive hits.
Let's presume you got saggy 33% shock, 2 clicks compression and bike buckle you over the jump. That could be the ending stroke rebound being too open. But if you run 25% sag and 5 clicks of compression shock shouldn't go that deep in its stroke on the lip so the begging rebound would apply and then the ending stroke would only apply to some bigger lips or more often landings.

Now this is only me playing with it but I hope this would clarify the setting it up. Mine feels really nice now, going to different place on thursday and possibly on sunday so be interesting if those setting gonna apply there.

Just a thought as well. I'm 180cm tall and I'm running large size which is pretty big. Maybe bigger, longer bike requires more body language than smaller bike hence the buckling is happening.

MikerJ wrote:
Can we re-open the discussion on the Vivid shock?

Dual rebound settings - I'm still trying to figure out which one applies where.

Which knob (begining/ending rebound) would help dail in feel in these two settings....

Shock packing up on high speed chop?

Bucking on lippy jumps/table?

As an aside, went to a #350 spring from a #400. I weigh #180 plus gear. Big change for the better. I've been able to bring my rebound settings down, and more to the middle. Had to dial in very high rebound damping settings to get control of the heavier spring. I also went down to a medium spring in the Boxxer. Added a few pre-load spacers and a bit more LSC. Much better as well.

Bike gets better every time I ride it. Thought a large might be too long for my tighter NE trails - I'm 6'. But after going back to the lower, narrower stock bars, cornering sped up. The longer, slacker bike has also saved my neck more than once on the super steeps. Sizing down to a medium from a large is a big jump on this bike - so I think for guys around 6', a large is the my to go, IMO.

Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 3:51 Quote
Just joined the glory sqaud about half an hour ago feels amazing

Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 6:15 Quote
Heaney wrote:
Just joined the glory sqaud about half an hour ago feels amazing
aww yeah! They just want to go fast and loose! Congrats!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.059224
Mobile Version of Website