Sram X9 Type 2 Derrailuaeoriauer

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Sram X9 Type 2 Derrailuaeoriauer
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 24, 2014 at 10:41 Quote
Wanting to put this derailluaaeiouour (seriously I hate this word) on my bike because of the reduced chainslap. Relatively new to building bikes, is it recommended that I buy brand-matching drivetrain to go with it (cassette, crank, etc) ?

Also does this come in a groupset that you can buy anywhere? This is going on my transition tr250. Any help is appreciated, I do apologize for noobular questions. Just trying to learn in this vast sea of interwebz

Posted: Jul 24, 2014 at 11:38 Quote
Hopefully someone with direct experience with a type 2 will post, but, AFAIK all you need is a SRAM shifter with the same number of gears/speeds, the rest can be shimano or SRAM (chainrings whoever).

Do you have drivetrain now, or do you need everything?
Most of the main online shops have deals on groupsets and drivetrains.

Posted: Jul 24, 2014 at 23:37 Quote
Hi anchoricex,
If you are using sram x9 type 2, you must using sram shifter, it can be X0, X9, X7, or even X5 shifter as long as its X series with 10sp shifter.
you cannot cross branding shifter and RD. (SRAM only match with SRAM, and shimano only match with shimano).

As for other parts of drivetrain, you can cross branding it. Even for FD (even thou I know tr250 do not use it), you can use SRAM fd with shimano shiftet or vice versa.
it goes with chain, sprocket, crank, chainring, etc.
just RD and rear shifter that must be same brand.

and to answer your question, no you don't need to buy a whole group set just to get X9 type 2.
if you already have SRAM shifter, you just need to buy the RD.
If now you are using shimano shifter, then I am suggesting you buy shimano shadow+ RD, zee or maybe saint should fit to your TR250.

fyi, these lock RD are only available in 10sp drivetrain, so if now you are using 9sp, you need to change the sprocket and the chain too.

There is a thread that discussing using 9sp SRAM shifter with 10sp shimano shadow+ RD with 9sp sprocket and work like a charm (basically a 9sp drivetrain with lock system).

Hope this help.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006910
Mobile Version of Website