The official COMMENCAL thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
The official COMMENCAL thread
Posted: Sep 15, 2016 at 22:08 Quote
JinSan wrote:
Cheers mates! I need help.
I am so hard into COMMENCAL right now, that i have checked nearly the last 100 pages for photos.

I have to choose between the META V3 ( the new ones, in fresh orange ) or the META V4 RIDE in orange.

Well here's the thing: I really love the frame and look of the V3 and how the shock is placed, but I somehow read that the V4 is better in overall useability (expecially climbing). Not to mention, that the V3 has never been reviewed? Any experience on this? This will be my first Enduro.

What should i do? Take the Bike i fell so hard in love with, or take the (maybe better?) also great looking and less weight V4?

Would love to hear from you guys, cheers from Germany! Smile

I have the V4 which I bought to replace my old 26" V3. In my opinion although I thought the V3 was the better looking bike, I much prefer riding the V4,it definitely climbs more efficiently, but I would also say it's better on the descents too, I'm much happier staying off the brakes through rough stuff and I've been more confident riding it on DH tracks.
Either way you'll end up with a great bike.

Posted: Sep 16, 2016 at 1:21 Quote
Thank you guys for your response - really appreciate.

The price point is a good one for the reason that both models coming without a vario seatpost, and the V4 RIDE im into costs 200€ more. If the V4 now have the same color finish like the new V3, I would get it instant. But for some reason there is something about the V4 finish i don't like.
Damn that is so hard..!

Again thank you!

Posted: Sep 16, 2016 at 1:29 Quote
metaam wrote:
JinSan wrote:
Cheers mates! I need help.
I am so hard into COMMENCAL right now, that i have checked nearly the last 100 pages for photos.

I have to choose between the META V3 ( the new ones, in fresh orange ) or the META V4 RIDE in orange.

Well here's the thing: I really love the frame and look of the V3 and how the shock is placed, but I somehow read that the V4 is better in overall useability (expecially climbing). Not to mention, that the V3 has never been reviewed? Any experience on this? This will be my first Enduro.

What should i do? Take the Bike i fell so hard in love with, or take the (maybe better?) also great looking and less weight V4?

Would love to hear from you guys, cheers from Germany! Smile

I have the V4 which I bought to replace my old 26" V3. In my opinion although I thought the V3 was the better looking bike, I much prefer riding the V4,it definitely climbs more efficiently, but I would also say it's better on the descents too, I'm much happier staying off the brakes through rough stuff and I've been more confident riding it on DH tracks.
Either way you'll end up with a great bike.

I also recently swapped in my V3 for a V4 and I must agree that the V4 does seem overall a better bike to ride, climbs well as stated but it also just seems more stable on the steep and rough. Either bike is great but I raced the V4 at the Macavalanche this year and loved it, I definitely felt more confident letting go of the brakes.

I'm sure you'll have fun whichever you go for!

Posted: Sep 19, 2016 at 8:23 Quote
Thank you again for your message.
@Ninj4Bee that sounds great! One of my goals to ride an Endurorace.

I#ve ordered now the Meta AM V4 RIDE. I'm so excited. I'll let you know with some pictures when it is arrived! Pimp

Posted: Sep 19, 2016 at 9:33 Quote
JinSan wrote:

I#ve ordered now the Meta AM V4 RIDE. I'm so excited. I'll let you know with some pictures when it is arrived! Pimp

welcome to the club!

Posted: Sep 20, 2016 at 1:43 Quote
JinSan wrote:

Awesome, hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

Posted: Sep 21, 2016 at 19:13 Quote
Well finished building up my Supreme V4. Gagging to go for a ride but heading away for work so wont get to get on it for about 2 weeks

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.cubusconcepts.com.au/rsz_2016_0921_21070100-01.jpg

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 11:12 Quote
shmity wrote:
Well finished building up my Supreme V4. Gagging to go for a ride but heading away for work so wont get to get on it for about 2 weeks

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.cubusconcepts.com.au/rsz_2016_0921_21070100-01.jpg

Nice!!

Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 10:58 Quote
My Bike arrived!
Definitly missing a dropper post. The tires are feeling a bit thin for the front wheel, so I'll change that for a Magc Mary or Highroller II. The Suspension works superb, the DB5 surprised me with very good strength and stamina - well maybe I'll change them with my XT nevertheless. But I'll give them some rides, maybe they remain fine!
The cockpit feels awesome, the grips are looking and feeling damn sexy - the shifter is pretty damn accurate and flawless. The color is really super-sweet-eye-catching-sexy Big Grin

Thanks for your help so far!
COMMENCAL Meta V4 RIDE
photo
photo

Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 12:45 Quote
JinSan wrote:
My Bike arrived!
Definitly missing a dropper post. The tires are feeling a bit thin for the front wheel, so I'll change that for a Magc Mary or Highroller II. The Suspension works superb, the DB5 surprised me with very good strength and stamina - well maybe I'll change them with my XT nevertheless. But I'll give them some rides, maybe they remain fine!
The cockpit feels awesome, the grips are looking and feeling damn sexy - the shifter is pretty damn accurate and flawless. The color is really super-sweet-eye-catching-sexy Big Grin

Thanks for your help so far!
COMMENCAL Meta V4 RIDE
photo
photo

Nice! Get yourself a dropper and enjoy!

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 13:07 Quote
Anyone else having problems with alpha wheel set?
They're so shit haha!!

Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 13:10 Quote
yeah mine exlode after 2 week in a burm hahahaha

Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 15:23 Quote
Theeeeo wrote:
They're so shit haha!!

mine have been working super well

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 18:33 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:
Theeeeo wrote:
They're so shit haha!!

What kind of riding do you do?
I get 2-3 blown spokes weekly in the bike park

Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 19:23 Quote
Theeeeo wrote:
ctmtb98 wrote:
Theeeeo wrote:
They're so shit haha!!

What kind of riding do you do?
I get 2-3 blown spokes weekly in the bike park

Mostly all mountain and trail riding. I've used them in the bike parks several times as well. I find them to be pretty fast, not the stiffest, but just enough to where I don't mind them at all and they aren't real heavy. I will probably have to service or maybe change bearings (might as well change) after this season ends, but other than that they've been great.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019289
Mobile Version of Website