Looking for a new DJ fork

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Looking for a new DJ fork
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Oct 27, 2014 at 21:04 Quote
I'm weighing my options on a new DJ fork and I'm wondering what the best DJ fork is for the money?

Posted: Oct 28, 2014 at 7:58 Quote
omtimasprime wrote:
I'm weighing my options on a new DJ fork and I'm wondering what the best DJ fork is for the money?

Manitou Circus
RockShox Argyle
Marzocchi DJ1

FL
Posted: Oct 28, 2014 at 13:14 Quote
cmc4130 wrote:
omtimasprime wrote:

Manitou Circus
RockShox Argyle
Marzocchi DJ1

Which one in your opinion is the best for the money?

Posted: Oct 28, 2014 at 13:35 Quote
omtimasprime wrote:
cmc4130 wrote:
omtimasprime wrote:

Manitou Circus
RockShox Argyle
Marzocchi DJ1

Which one in your opinion is the best for the money?

A used DJ1 is nice, if its cleaned/rebuilt. Fairly cheap too.

FL
Posted: Oct 28, 2014 at 15:28 Quote
Yeah that's kinda what I'm thinking

Posted: Oct 28, 2014 at 15:44 Quote
I don't know man. I think of anything on a bike, a suspension fork is the part I'm the most leery about buying used. If they're ridden hard or abused they can blow out or snap. I would only buy used if I knew it had been lightly ridden.

If you want inexpensive, buy chromoly rigid new for like $140.

FL
Posted: Oct 28, 2014 at 17:03 Quote
I'm looking for a suspension fork around $300

FL
Posted: Oct 28, 2014 at 21:29 Quote
Now I've a lot of positives and a lot of negatives regarding the Fox Talas 32-831 dirt jump fork?

Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 6:51 Quote
A used 36 float would be great if you could find one. Next choice for me would be an argyle rct then the bomber dj1. Haven't ridden the circus but heard lots of praise.

As for the Talas/ 831 I don't think you could find one for $300, if there is I'd be doubtful unless you personally know the owner. I'd go for the 831 vs the Talas. Less parts to break inside. That's what everyone says.

FL
Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 8:29 Quote
Vinnie1213 wrote:
A used 36 float would be great if you could find one. Next choice for me would be an argyle rct then the bomber dj1. Haven't ridden the circus but heard lots of praise.

As for the Talas/ 831 I don't think you could find one for $300, if there is I'd be doubtful unless you personally know the owner. I'd go for the 831 vs the Talas. Less parts to break inside. That's what everyone says.

Okay so what's your opinion on the ride quality of the 831?

Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 9:33 Quote
I'm about 145lbs and when I did footjams I really felt flex and I did not expect that. I had tried a friend's 831 (32mm) for almost a month because I was also looking for a street/dj fork. I know it's a strong and light fork but having rode bmx for a few years I guess I really noticed the flex. Anyways, got a 2010 36 float for about $350, had it lowered to 80mm. Perfect! Although I'm running a rigid right now to lower the weight of my bike and the float, I raised it back to 130mm for my "hardtrail".

You won't go wrong with a 36 float, in my opinion. Light, strong, stiff.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013288
Mobile Version of Website