Download All Trails GPX in Region

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Download All Trails GPX in Region
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2014 at 8:54 Quote
Is there some way of downloading all of the trails within an entire region or riding area? It seems cumbersome to only download one trail at a time.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Nov 7, 2014 at 11:39 Quote
Yes there is, a download of all the trails in a region in KML, GPX or OSM format.
There is also KML files for just the trail head points, or POI points.

We have this feature not visible atm though, except for region admins/ trail associations.

We will probably make it public again at some point. There is also an option per region to disable this feature for that region.

PM me the region you're interested in, and I'll give you access.

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 7:43 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Yes there is, a download of all the trails in a region in KML, GPX or OSM format.
There is also KML files for just the trail head points, or POI points.

We have this feature not visible atm though, except for region admins/ trail associations.

We will probably make it public again at some point. There is also an option per region to disable this feature for that region.

PM me the region you're interested in, and I'll give you access.

I'm the admin for a region (http://www.trailforks.com/region/hellas-och-nackaskogarna/), but I can't find how to download all the trails as GPX. The link to the KML is there at the bottom besides the RSS, but not the GPS link. I have enabled KML download and the Disable gps download isn't marked.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jan 19, 2015 at 15:03 Quote
you should see the download links now.

Posted: Jan 19, 2015 at 15:27 Quote
canadaka wrote:
you should see the download links now.
I do. Thanks Smile

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 19:28 Quote
When will this be open for the public?

Moving to Flagstaff soon and want to have all the trails in my GPS and start doing some route planning on Google Earth.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 12:24 Quote
I will PM you how to download regions

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2015 at 7:49 Quote
Can I ask the same for myself. I was downloading some local trails but I guess I went beyond the limit and now can't download any gpx files. thx

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 16:35 Quote
I too have been banned from downloading gpx trails. Why is there a limit to the number of downloads? I thought it was the users that post these gpx routes. It seems odd that you would limit them. It also would be much more convenient to download whole areas.

Posted: May 2, 2015 at 21:08 Quote
Yes, I have been downloading GPX files one at a time for regions so much so that I got a message telling me that I have been download rate limited. What is the solution to this? Please help.
Thank you.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: May 4, 2015 at 11:15 Quote
emailed you a gpx dump of all the trails in a region.
You don't get banned, just rate limited. I think its something like 100 trails a day.

O+
Posted: May 29, 2015 at 15:39 Quote
Ok so I downloaded Flagstaff last week no problem, but since then I've been unable to download any other areas, for example Sedona.

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2015 at 16:32 Quote
I'd like to be able to download the GPX files for a region as well. It helps a lot when riding in a new area to have access to the trail files on my gps. Cheers

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 11:18 Quote
I have been rate limited as well. I'd really like to be able to download all of the trails in the Hartland Victoria, Hornby Island and Parkville BC areas as I will be exploring these areas over the next few weeks for the first time. Is there a reason for the limitations?

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 1, 2015 at 11:03 Quote
Could you email me the full Kelowna region? I'm trying to link trails together on a cross-BC bikepacking trip. Thanks!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016334
Mobile Version of Website