Maxxis or schwalbe tires

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Maxxis or schwalbe tires
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 13:57 Quote
For enduro and downhill which is better maxxis or schwalbe. Looking for grip, durability, and best price.

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 14:05 Quote
I've got schwalbe tyres on the last 2 bikes I have bought, they've always ended up being replaced for something else, and at the minute in thoroughly impressed with the High Roller I recently bought, so will definetly be buying more maxis tyres in the future.

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 15:15 Quote
Maxxis due to Schwalbe being disposable as their sidewalls shed at the seams

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 22:00 Quote
hjulian wrote:
For enduro and downhill which is better maxxis or schwalbe. Looking for grip, durability, and best price.

Pretty pointless question really. Grip and durability are opposites and different tyres have different strengths and weaknesses in different conditions. Prices depend on where in the world you buy from.

I don't think you should limit yourself to one brand really as you're just reducing the chance of finding the right tyre for you. There is no reason why you need to even run the same brand tyre front and rear.

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 6:38 Quote
I run a super tacky maxxis high roller up front and a schwalbe Hans dampf evo on the rear. they were bloody fantastic in chatel and Morzine last summer in mostly damp conditions. I got them just before going out there and they'll be good for this summer too.

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 15:39 Quote
horticultur-al wrote:
I run a super tacky maxxis high roller up front and a schwalbe Hans dampf evo on the rear. they were bloody fantastic in chatel and Morzine last summer in mostly damp conditions. I got them just before going out there and they'll be good for this summer too.

Thanks man I got a set of the high rollers with 2.4 width so they should be good in any conditionSmile

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 8:28 Quote
Maxxis dhf 3c in the front and dhr 2 in the rear. They are good in the dry and slightly wet. But I don't like em when it starts to get too wet. The front packs up with mud too easily and the rear slides side to side too much. I'd like to try the muddy Mary's though. I think they may be better for slippery conditions.

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 9:16 Quote
hjulian wrote:
horticultur-al wrote:

Thanks man I got a set of the high rollers with 2.4 width so they should be good in any conditionSmile

You can't really go wrong with High Rollers. They make them with single or double walls for AM or DH, and 3 or 4 types of compound. You can use them for everything.

I currently run a High Roller 2.5" dual ply in the rear for park riding and the grip is great. The weight not so much but theres a price to pay for less flats

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 at 15:40 Quote
riggadon wrote:
hjulian wrote:
horticultur-al wrote:

You can't really go wrong with High Rollers. They make them with single or double walls for AM or DH, and 3 or 4 types of compound. You can use them for everything.

I currently run a High Roller 2.5" dual ply in the rear for park riding and the grip is great. The weight not so much but theres a price to pay for less flats
Ya dude that's what I want thanks

Posted: Apr 29, 2015 at 19:27 Quote
Conti trail kings

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 16:41 Quote
Maxxis for sure, the schwalbes are ok but don't last long... I'm using Specialized on my trail bike now and am really liking them.

Posted: May 27, 2015 at 5:57 Quote
I'm guessing spesh tyres are made by maxxis seeing as theyre similar tread and work just aswell if not better.

Posted: May 27, 2015 at 6:06 Quote
I'm running schwalbe hans dampf 2.4, haven't had any problems so far but I haven't been out in mud yet

Posted: May 27, 2015 at 7:21 Quote
Watch the bead, hopefully yours wont shred but everyone ive seen shreds at the seam

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012512
Mobile Version of Website