Devinci Wilson air shock

PB Forum :: Downhill
Devinci Wilson air shock
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 10, 2015 at 17:35 Quote
I currently have a 2014 Wilson 26 inch I'm running a cane creek db coil on it but am thinking about switching it out to a air shock to make it a little more playful and jumpy. I've looked in the rear linkage and it doesn't look like there's much room for one though. Do you know if the Wilson is compatible with any dh air shocks?

Posted: Apr 10, 2015 at 22:43 Quote
There is a thread you should check out:

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=48620

But I think the BOS Void is the only one I have seen on the thread that would work

Posted: Apr 12, 2015 at 13:44 Quote
I have a wilson running a CCDB as well. If you want you can ramp up the bound a bit and the sag a touch (instead of 30% aim for closer to 20%) and that should act a bit firmer and poppier also cost nothing. Make sure to log all changes as a stiffer poppier ride will be good for whistler but can be rattlier on rougher rides. Also remember that the CCDB that came stock is tuned to work with the suspension rates of the bike Smile

Posted: Jul 10, 2015 at 22:34 Quote
Anyone know if the new fox dx2 fits the 14' Carbon Wilson?

Posted: Jul 12, 2015 at 13:18 Quote
ttlc007 wrote:
I currently have a 2014 Wilson 26 inch I'm running a cane creek db coil on it but am thinking about switching it out to a air shock to make it a little more playful and jumpy. I've looked in the rear linkage and it doesn't look like there's much room for one though. Do you know if the Wilson is compatible with any dh air shocks?
i am looking into an air shock for my wlsn aswell from what ive heard and researched the CCDB air CS(the one i am looking at) seems to fit its just a little annoying to find the right size if ur not buying it from the manufacturer

Posted: Sep 3, 2015 at 9:39 Quote
I'm thinking about trying Fox Float X2 on my 2014 Wilson. just waiting on more opinions and reviews of the shock.

Posted: Sep 3, 2015 at 10:27 Quote
JohnsonB wrote:
I'm thinking about trying Fox Float X2 on my 2014 Wilson. just waiting on more opinions and reviews of the shock.
from what ive heard the wlsn is really s**t with an air shock, i was looking into one and got a couple responses saying that

Posted: Sep 4, 2015 at 0:28 Quote
WlsnRider14 wrote:
JohnsonB wrote:
from what ive heard the wlsn is really s**t with an air shock, i was looking into one and got a couple responses saying that

I was afraid of that. I would love the ability to adjust air pressure in my vivid coil shock without taking it off but it's impossible so getting an air shock with an accessible valve seems like a good option but I guess it isn't meant to be

Posted: Sep 4, 2015 at 5:28 Quote
don't go on what just one person said.
I have a buddy that just bought the float X2 for his 2012 aluminium Wilson. He loves it! Fanatik bikes was testing the float X2 on a 2014 carbon Wilson at whistler. They said on their Facebook page that it was awesome! They are supposed to have a review on it soon.

Posted: Sep 4, 2015 at 7:50 Quote
Dirk77 wrote:
don't go on what just one person said.
I have a buddy that just bought the float X2 for his 2012 aluminium Wilson. He loves it! Fanatik bikes was testing the float X2 on a 2014 carbon Wilson at whistler. They said on their Facebook page that it was awesome! They are supposed to have a review on it soon.
huh ya i wanted to get some opinions on wlsn's with air and thats what i got so idk

Posted: Sep 4, 2015 at 8:24 Quote
Oh gotcha. I would think an air shock could be good if you can modify the air spring a bit and make it slightly more progressive. I'd love to try one on my Wilson. I'm trying to sell my vivid r2c right now to fund the float X2. The vivid us really good though. I have zero complaints about it! I'm sold on duel rebounds.

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2015 at 10:04 Quote
I have a Wilson and looking at the Float X2. Subscribed

Posted: Sep 4, 2015 at 10:21 Quote
I'll probably buy the float x2 in a few weeks. I dislike my vivid coil. I don't do gnar gnar downhills so I think it would be fine. If I get it I'll try to remember to give a review on here.

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 at 20:39 Quote
I just put a vivid R2C air on my 2015 wilson 27.5, I like the weight savings, like the way it feels, like that I can dial it in on a trail to trial basis, it's probably the best my bike has ever felt, just worried about long term reliability.

Posted: Nov 1, 2015 at 12:39 Quote
As with anything from SRAM I hear your concern.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013945
Mobile Version of Website