Need help with manual!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Need help with manual!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 8:21 Quote
I'm new to dirt jump/street and I've been trying to manual for sometime now but it's bloody hard! Any tips?

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 8:35 Quote
Maybe this will help?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-McFIAlP0Ow

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 9:45 Quote
Try to imagine a "triangle" balance point. Once you're "locked in" the correct position, it should only take minor adjustments to stay in it.

I know it's a geeky way to think about it.... but to balance a triangle on a point, the triangle doesn't have to be evenly shaped. The center of the triangle's mass is called the centroid. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centroid In terms of a manual, your hands are further in front of the rear wheel than your ass is behind it. But, that's okay. The center of your body's weight can find a spot where the "centroid" is directly above your wheel axle. You will be balanced. You adjust the position with both your hands and feet. Your feet can push the bottom bracket forward or let it come back, your hands can let the front end drop, or pull it up...

photo

photo

I added the "triangle" to the LeeLikesBikes.com graphic:

photo

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 11:23 Quote
thanks for the replies! almost got it just need more practice Smile

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 11:59 Quote
Some bikes simply dont lend themselves to manuals, some manual like its built for it..

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 13:43 Quote
P3 is hard!

Mates DMR all day long

Posted: Apr 23, 2015 at 5:04 Quote
I've owned sooo many p3 s I ver the past 10 years... Easiest bike ever to manual. The only bikes I have remote issues with manualling are 24" jump bikes, and only because with the lower frame, it's generally awkward getting your body down that low....at first(but it's really dependant on chainstay length) Remember all the points above and mainly DROP YOUR HEELS.... If you don't your manual won't last long. Wear the stickiest shoes possible and drop your heels when you settle in to the manual.

Posted: Apr 23, 2015 at 6:57 Quote
I used to be top on my dmr too, since having the P3 the longest Iv done is about 30ft down a long slope which went for miles

Makes me sad

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 5:53 Quote
Hey guys. Does long bars affect the way you manual? mine is 800mm lol. and its a low rise bar. Truvativ boobar Smile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009811
Mobile Version of Website