fox dhx rc4 compression adjustment issues?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
fox dhx rc4 compression adjustment issues?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 19, 2015 at 20:22 Quote
So I seem to have some problems with my rear shock on my 2010 specialized demo 8. Basically both high and low speed compression adjustments have very little effect. The rebound and bottom out adjustments work just fine. I can set the rebound really fast or so slow that the shock barely returns. And with 2/3 of bottom out and 150 psi in the chamber, it won't bottom out harshly on pretty big drops. If I compress the shock by hand, with no spring obviously, I can turn the LSC all the in or all the way out and feel barely any difference. But there is some, just very slight. I've taken the shock apart and inspected it,changed seals and so on. No damage or loose shim stack bolts like I've seen can happen. And I've been very careful to bleed it and not have air trapped inside. That I'm certain of. I'm at a loss here. I'm trying to avoid sending it to fox for a rebuild if I can. It's always done this since I've had it.

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 8:53 Quote
Since nobody cares, but me, I did figure out that the shim stacks are just way soft. Which now makes sense since nothing else was wrong. And of course, I can get parts from anywhere for it. So basically, fox in all their wisdom in not wanting to sell parts for their products to the public, have made me decide to toss it in thrash. Anyone in pdx want a rear shock, it's in the dumpster. By.

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 4:21 Quote
I guess you talked about dhx with 1/2'' shaft. Its limited compression adjustment is normal. Worked better with 5/8'' shaft as more oil goes to the reservoir. Shim stack does not change your lsc adjustment at all unless you make it digressive. You can achieve that removing the 0,1 mm spacer between base Valve piston and its shimstack (its digressive piston) and place it behind the stack.

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 9:50 Quote
lightone wrote:
I guess you talked about dhx with 1/2'' shaft. Its limited compression adjustment is normal. Worked better with 5/8'' shaft as more oil goes to the reservoir. Shim stack does not change your lsc adjustment at all unless you make it digressive. You can achieve that removing the 0,1 mm spacer between base Valve piston and its shimstack (its digressive piston) and place it behind the stack.
First of all, I can't believe I posted that. I must of had a bad day I guess. Secondly, I did give up on that shock. I could of had it tuned by someone, which would have cost me more than what I ended up replacing it with. I found a marzocchi rocco for $150 brand new, and it did what I wanted it to. In the end, it worked out.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008276
Mobile Version of Website