Rockshox Lyrik rc2 dh solo air problems

PB Forum :: SRAM
Rockshox Lyrik rc2 dh solo air problems
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2015 at 8:42 Quote
I've had nothing but trouble since I bought this fork brand new 2014. The fork has ridden like garbage from day one. The biggest problem I have with it is the amount of stiction it has. The recommended psi for my weight is 80. I have it at 53 psi and when I get on the bike I still can only achieve a 15% sag. If I set it higher the fork is harsh on every hit and if I go lower I just blow through the suspension on the bigger stuff. The fork is not smooth at all even after cycling the fork and turning it upside down to get oil on the foam ring. I paid good money for this fork and am disappointed with the performance. There has to be something wrong with it because I have read a lot of good things about it. I need some help please.

Thanks

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2015 at 22:11 Quote
The Lyrik actually doesn't have a foam ring inside for an oil seal. They use a dust wiper on top and then another rubber oil seal right below. If you're handy and feel comfortable doing the service on your fork, I would pull the fork apart to lube the seals (Slick honey works great here), check oil levels and perhaps do a service on the fork. The lower oil seal at the rebound shaft (inside the fork leg) is known to leak and can either suck oil in to the damper or blow oil in to the lowers. In either case this could lead to poor performance. Too much oil in the damper or lowers can cause a hydro lock. There is a rather long, but rather informative thread in the DH forum on the Lyrik and Totem. Skim through the last 30 pages or so and you will find some tips that you can try yourself to improve your fork. There is a guy who installed pike seals, which do employ a dust wiper and foam ring, with good results. Maybe you can give that a try. The Lyrik is an incredibly easy fork to work on if you have some basic mechanical skills. Good luck!

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2015 at 6:41 Quote
Update on this issue: I bought a pike dust wiper kit, which has the foam ring and installed them along with changing the oil in the lowers and lubing seals with slick honey. This made a huge difference and i couldn't be happier with the Fork. Almost 2 months of solid riding and no issues. thanks for the advice though! Cheers

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007937
Mobile Version of Website