Post your 4X bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your 4X bikes
O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2014 at 20:44 Quote
shimano road stuff is far ahead of sram. Shimano hubs just suck.

Posted: Dec 20, 2014 at 21:18 Quote
the new 9000 and 6800 hubs are piss easy to adjust and set up. also spin forever. most often as far as how well the shifting stuff works its down to cables and housing. sram cables and housing suck ass. run nice shimano cables and housing and it works soooo sooo much better. the sram brakes almost always develop some sort of not wanting to spring back open that never happens on shimano ones tho.

Posted: Dec 21, 2014 at 4:19 Quote
I hate Shimano hubs with passion - they're such a piece of crap.
I do like Shimano cranksets. I own some Saint m810 cranks and old Deore m590 cranks. After all these years they're faultless. Brilliant products.
Considering gearing, I do like Shimano chains and cassettes, but triggers and mechs... SRAM is better. SRAM is stiffer, more precise and more pleasant to use. This, of corse, is just my personal opinion, but I like SRAM better than Shimano.
I have no opinion on brakes, because I haven't owned any of Shimano new brake models.

Posted: Dec 21, 2014 at 13:46 Quote
I have a 20mm XTR hub that I have been using for a couple seasons. Its a pretty basic hub but like mentioned above its not sealed. But it is dead easy to service. All other shimano components I have and have used have been flawless. Shimano brakes and drivetrain products are top shelf.

Posted: Dec 21, 2014 at 14:46 Quote
Is anyone running or have any views on the Dt Swiss ex5.1d rims? Been offered some on hope pro 2's at a really good price as a replacement for my generators.

Posted: Dec 21, 2014 at 15:26 Quote
They're good enough tbh, been running one on the front all season with no problems

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 8:15 Quote
Finally I finished my winter project/4x build. Specs are:
08 stp frame
Reba sl dual air forks
Alex rims on deore qr hubs
Wtb prowler folding tyres
Slx brakes
Zee crankset with superstar narrow wide and chain guide
Deore shifter and sora mech
19-11t 6speed block
Nuke proof bars saddle and pedals
Easton havoc stem
Unbranded seat post

No idea on weight, but whole bike including paint and custom graphics cost £467, so under budget. Plenty room to upgrade if I feel like it and a mega fun wee project. Not sure on weight yet but will get it weighed next time I'm at the LBS.

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 8:15 Quote
Custom block
  Custom block

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 8:17 Quote
Stp crankset
  Stp crankset

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 8:30 Quote
Cheers dude, high praise from you! First upgrade will be wheels, but she'll do for now.

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 11:27 Quote
That looks sweet bro

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 13:59 Quote
Cheers bro. Now to learn how to ride her properly.

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 15:01 Quote
Rad bike! those old stp's are fantastic.... here is my one which was replaced by my snap

My old stp

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024123
Mobile Version of Website