Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread
Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 10:27 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:
Any word on how Knox trails or others are clearing from snow?

it was this week last year we rode knox....

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 11:19 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
thekrow4jc wrote:

I know and I'm itching to be riding!

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 11:44 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
thekrow4jc wrote:

Savona in a couple of weeks.

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 13:40 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
thekrow4jc wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

You have returned.

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 16:37 Quote
cjwanner wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
thekrow4jc wrote:

You have returned.

Just chekcing out the scene to make sure its safe.

ps. went for the slayer. getting it in the next couple of weeks.

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 15:13 Quote
Hello Kelowna folks. I'm thinking of cruising out your way either this coming weekend [March 10/11], or 2 weeks from then [March 24/25] to demo a bike I am considering buying [YT Capra]. Wondering if anyone who lives locally would be willing to meet up for a mid morning / afternoon rip, as I know nothing in the Kelowna area [new BC resident, as of 2016].

If you are available, shoot me a PM and I'll get in touch asap to schedule. Thanks!

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 16:00 Quote
pcledrew wrote:
Hello Kelowna folks. I'm thinking of cruising out your way either this coming weekend [March 10/11], or 2 weeks from then [March 24/25] to demo a bike I am considering buying [YT Capra]. Wondering if anyone who lives locally would be willing to meet up for a mid morning / afternoon rip, as I know nothing in the Kelowna area [new BC resident, as of 2016].

If you are available, shoot me a PM and I'll get in touch asap to schedule. Thanks!

It snowed today. I would wait until the 24/25 to be honest.

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 17:06 Quote
cjwanner wrote:
pcledrew wrote:

It snowed today. I would wait until the 24/25 to be honest.

Same here in Kamloops. Thanks for the update.

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 20:07 Quote
pcledrew wrote:

How to support local, coming to Kelowna and buying a YT... Why not just lie and call it a Norco or Rocky you'll get 10x more help. We support LBS in these parts... YT : ya Ok

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 3:09 Quote
I've a similar question - how to get my hands on a bike for a trip I've scheduled for late April. Coming all the way from sunny Oz!!

We (wifey and I) plan to drive down from Calgary/Banff to Vancouver with a 5-6 day stop, either in the Kelowna/Penticton area or Kamloops. This is yet to be decided and the ability to hire a bike will be a deciding factor.

local help greatly appreciated. happy to sort beers Beer

p.s. more than happy with a Norco or Rocky Salute use to own a Fluid LT back in the day (full enduro spec) and hired a Rocky for the day on a quick visit to Vancouver a few years back, did a few runs of Mt Fromme tup

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 4:50 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
pcledrew wrote:

How to support local, coming to Kelowna and buying a YT... Why not just lie and call it a Norco or Rocky you'll get 10x more help. We support LBS in these parts... YT : ya Ok

Ok bud. I'll spend my money where I choose. You're free do the same.

See? wasn't that easy?

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 7:39 Quote
pcledrew wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
pcledrew wrote:

Ok bud. I'll spend my money where I choose. You're free do the same.

See? wasn't that easy?

If you're looking for alternative to the YT, shoot me a PM and we'll talk.

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 9:36 Quote
@pcledrew

Trail forks is starting to get really well used for trail conditions here. End of March you're looking at most of Knox being open (Kelowna), lower bits of Rose Valley (Westbank (mostly the school side)), Test of Humanity (Summerland), Ellison area (Vernon) and likely some lower stuff in Salmon Arm.. no epic loops or high elevation with the winter we're having but enough to string a ride together by then I hope!

@wasabijim not much help in the renting a bike department, but same goes for using the trail forks ap. Crawford and Smith creek area should be opening up by the end of April, and there's a fun race event with all sorts of disciplines at the bike ranch in Kamloops then.

I'll be part of group rides in Westbank with Sovereign Cycle come April so if you're looking for tour guides come say hi!

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 9:38 Quote
Good luck finding an alertnavtive to the YT the leverage ratio on that is super progressive, no local brands could match that. Ride what you please and fits your style

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 10:05 Quote
Frowzy wrote:
Good luck finding an alertnavtive to the YT the leverage ratio on that is super progressive, no local brands could match that. Ride what you please and fits your style

Yeahno. There are plenty of alternative options.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023918
Mobile Version of Website