What helmets & goggles do you use?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What helmets & goggles do you use?
Posted: Jan 25, 2016 at 16:46 Quote
Fox rampage is probably the cheapest properly certified helmet I can think of.

Posted: Jan 25, 2016 at 16:46 Quote
I found one for 67 bucks. not too bad.
It would be awesome to get a fox rampage carbon, or a red bull or a tld helmet.
If my sponsorship goes through i might get a half off tld helmet

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2016 at 17:15 Quote
i would reccomend the bell transfer 9. super comfy and relatively light. i got mine for 70$ on jenson

Posted: Jan 25, 2016 at 20:12 Quote
Robino113 wrote:
Im using the bell super 2r. Its great since i spend practically all of my mountain biking on a trail/ all-mountain bike so its good to have a half shell helmet but then also a full face for the downhill runs.

Thanks man..is there any difference between the new and previous year release except the color difference? because if there is no difference, i may take the previous year release because is already cheaper in store now lol

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 7:23 Quote
Xgreygoose wrote:
Troy Lee Designs D3 Carbon - Pinstripe Yellow 2013 and 100% Racecraft Goggle (Terminator). Green Mirror lens with a custom neon yellow Nose Guard.

Troy Lee Designs D3 Carbon - Pinstripe Yellow 2013 and 100 Racecraft Goggle Terminator . Green Mirror lens with a custom neon yellow Nose Guard.

Hi , what helmet size do you have? I am asking cause I have d3 XL and i wanna buy this 100 goggles too, and i am not sure if they will fit good due the fact that XL got bigger shell than smaller sizes

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 7:31 Quote
tomas14120 wrote:
Xgreygoose wrote:
Troy Lee Designs D3 Carbon - Pinstripe Yellow 2013 and 100% Racecraft Goggle (Terminator). Green Mirror lens with a custom neon yellow Nose Guard.

Troy Lee Designs D3 Carbon - Pinstripe Yellow 2013 and 100 Racecraft Goggle Terminator . Green Mirror lens with a custom neon yellow Nose Guard.

Hi , what helmet size do you have? I am asking cause I have d3 XL and i wanna buy this 100 goggles too, and i am not sure if they will fit good due the fact that XL got bigger shell than smaller sizes
It shouldn't make a huge difference. If anything it will fit better. I've tried some racecrafts on with my large d3 and they are quite wide goggles. They will fit perfectly with the XL shell.

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 21:03 Quote
silver 100% gogs look slick

Posted: Feb 1, 2016 at 9:36 Quote
661 replacements:

My first helmet was a 661, then I went to Fox rampage pro carbon, and now I'm on bell transfer 9. Transfer 9 fits well but the cheek pads are tight imo, fox rampage is great but way to expensive (and has mips). I'd recommend the bell because it meets the same ASTM standards as the fox (which the 661 doesn't), but it's closer to 100 dollars versus 300 I paid for the fox. Please note sizing differences, I was a medium 661 but large bell.

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2016 at 13:23 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:
The kits look awesome. Pretty excited to get ours. Want to be the first ones at the races with ours so other teams will be less likely to run it lol.
Hahaha awesome. I wear Dakine kits. Fit me the best out of all the companies that I've tried. I use a D3 though. Any color ways similar to the carbon pinstripe? I prefer stuff that's a bit more simple.

They had a colorway called something like "midnight" that was like flat black raw carbon. Looked pretty sick was available in mips or regular. Oh and msrp was listed at 450 for normal carbon helmets and 495 for carbon mips

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:33 Quote
New helmet technology that can be applied to any helmet out there,no matter what type of helmet you wear.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:36 Quote
fantaman wrote:
New helmet technology that can be applied to any helmet out there,no matter what type of helmet you wear.
Hmmmm that's very cool.

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:48 Quote
Really, They're actually trying to sell that?

That isn't going to do shit when you hit a hard abrasive surface such as a road.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:49 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Really, They're actually trying to sell that?

That isn't going to do shit when you hit a hard abrasive surface such as a road.
True. It's still an interesting start for advancement in helmet technology. It's quite heard towards very smooth surfaces it seems though. Not really applicable for us.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019285
Mobile Version of Website