Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Posted: Jun 17, 2015 at 20:57 Quote
Hey zshippwick, is the Blewitt jump trail still there? That trail was sick. And doesn't the Sacred Ride offer periodic shuttle runs? For a small fee?

Posted: Jun 17, 2015 at 21:04 Quote
Sorry........."zshipowick"

Posted: Jun 17, 2015 at 21:10 Quote
DeBoth wrote:
SE corner beside the new hospital.
Shit, dude. Do you have insurance? And do you at least have a bike to ride in the meantime?

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2015 at 22:44 Quote
jory666 wrote:
Hey zshippwick, is the Blewitt jump trail still there? That trail was sick. And doesn't the Sacred Ride offer periodic shuttle runs? For a small fee?
Not sure what trail you're talking about, how long ago did you ride it? There's an awesome machine built jump trail built last year at the old Blewett ski hill on morning mountain called Lefty. If that's what your talking about its still there and still sick.

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 6:16 Quote
zshipowick wrote:
SparkyPete wrote:
Thanks guys! Yeah I was passing through last year so I picked up the book, been studying!

Any trails you would recommend? I would class myself as a hard blue - easier black trail kinda rider.. But will ride harder stuff at my own pace haha
Right now the gold creek trails are where its at. Upper goldmember, goldmember, hike up to burl ives is my favorite line right now.

Giveout is good as well, powerslave is in super rough shape but still fun. And everything below that is riding like august. I'd suggest misterslave to placenta, too middle part of bedframe (easy to miss if you don't know where the turn off is) then back over to lefty (machine made jump track) then either take the road down from the ski hill and pedal over to skiers right or hematoma. Or from the ski hill hike up bottoms up a ways (15-20mins of easy climb) till you see a sign to the hikers view point. Take the old road past that and drop in to rise n fry which takes you to the granite road and the start of hematoma down to the highway. Or if you're into steep oldschool gnar take bedframe all the way to granite road.

Thats pretty much one of the longest most diverse shuttle laps you can do anywhere. Especially if you don't mind a couple short hikes.

Awesome! Thanks man.. Went for 2 quick laps on Nooner and Ledges.. Your right about the dust, but still fun!

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 6:53 Quote
You should go do Morning Sickness. Not that far from Nooner on the same road. Some killer slabs.

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 8:38 Quote
jory666 wrote:
DeBoth wrote:
Shit, dude. Do you have insurance? And do you at least have a bike to ride in the meantime?

Yeah I have insurance. I didn't know I have special restrictions on it. So they will only cover 500$/bike. Anyone else who has house insurance call and check out your restrictions.
I didn't know I had any restrictions.

Yes I have a buddy who is going to lend me his second bike for the time being.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 8:47 Quote
DeBoth wrote:
jory666 wrote:
DeBoth wrote:

Yeah I have insurance. I didn't know I have special restrictions on it. So they will only cover 500$/bike. Anyone else who has house insurance call and check out your restrictions.

When I tried to add my bike to my insurance policy I was told that they do not recognize it since it was 'custom built' and they could not confirm a fair market value for the bike.

I was told I could have a professional appraisal of the value submitted, but they still may not recognize it because I built it.

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 8:58 Quote
joshua22 wrote:
You should go do Morning Sickness. Not that far from Nooner on the same road. Some killer slabs.

Sweet man! Will put it on the list.. I looked at Shitacker.. The features are definitely above my pay grade haha!

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 9:21 Quote
My insurance won't cover my bikes for more than $500 either, unless I specifically add them to the policy and pay extra premiums for them. I've taken the risk as they're lower spec bikes, but if they're in my garage they're locked to the built-ins there, and over the winter they're stored in the basement. I had a girlfriend who was told by her insurance company that if they were in the garage, they weren't insured at all.

Check your insurance people - you might be in for a rude shock otherwise. And sorry about your bikes, OP. Bike thieves are the worst kind of a*sholes.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 9:32 Quote
SparkyPete wrote:
joshua22 wrote:

Sweet man! Will put it on the list.. I looked at Shitacker.. The features are definitely above my pay grade haha!

Once you roll past the jumps at the top of Shitaker its actually a sick trail. Short and sweet. Do Shitaker before you do Morning Sickness then do Newtsac, the true gem of the North Shore.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 17:19 Quote
Rmcfarland wrote:
DeBoth wrote:
jory666 wrote:

When I tried to add my bike to my insurance policy I was told that they do not recognize it since it was 'custom built' and they could not confirm a fair market value for the bike.

I was told I could have a professional appraisal of the value submitted, but they still may not recognize it because I built it.

Check out TD Meloche Monnex. My bikes are covered for up to $6000 each, including when i travel with them. The $6000 limit didn't seem like a problem until the last year or so when bikes started getting stupidly expensive!

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 22:02 Quote
Hey everyone. I'm looking for some biking buddies!! I recently moved back to the Calgary area and now need to find some people to ride with. I just purchased a new downhill bike so anyone who is looking to carpool or just to meet up and ride let me know! I am 25 so I am looking for a bit more mature crowd but to be honest I aint so picky. Looking to have a good time and ride my bike.

I currently live in Airdrie so if anyone happens to live there that's just a bonus!

THANKS GUYS! Hopefully I can meet some people and spend the summer riding!

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 at 7:59 Quote
If you are looking for a place to find people to shred with... Look no further... We have revived the Moose Mountain Shuttle Group on Facebook. With over 100 riders strong you can find people to shuttle with everynight of the week! So join the group and throw up a post if you are needing a shuttle, people to ride with, or just looking for a few extra people for an after work lap. Link is below.

WARNING: Joining this group will result in the following. High Fives, Fist Bumps, Chest Slaps,Skids & Wheelies.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/1647165892184393/

Find your flow!

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2015 at 14:12 Quote
After a fun for all race on Wednesday, come back to Moose tomorrow for the last weekend trail day before summer! It's going to be hot, so join up with Ridley's Cycle and we will work in the shade on T-dub. Meet at Ing's Mine Parking Lot at 10:30 am. Recharge at the BBQ to follow, then there is plenty of daylight left for an evening ride!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.099863
Mobile Version of Website