Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Posted: Oct 5, 2015 at 9:06 Quote
About to sell my Dh bike to a guy in ontario. Anyone have any experience with shipping something like that? Who should i use? What kind of packaging? Etc... any info would be appreciated.

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2015 at 9:24 Quote
jory666 wrote:
About to sell my Dh bike to a guy in ontario. Anyone have any experience with shipping something like that? Who should i use? What kind of packaging? Etc... any info would be appreciated.

Are they paying shipping? I would prob go to a bike shop and get a box from a bike they have built, some bubble wrap/shrink wrap from home depot and go to town. I only ever use Canada post to ship things but I never bother to look at other prices from competitors. Maybe Greyhound?

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2015 at 9:27 Quote
Do not use greyhound!!!! My bike was stolen by an employee of greyhound. And they refused to compensate me for it!! He took it right off the buss and left with it.

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 at 10:16 Quote
Ouch!! I just got a quote from ups. Ill call my bike shop tomorow and set up packaging. Thanks for the info.

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2015 at 18:26 Quote
Used to work at a bike shop and this was something we'd frequently do for people: take off bars / pedals / front wheel, wrap up in styrofoam and bubble wrap, put in an empty bike box for shipping. We'd charge like $10 to do that for someone, but would just as readily hand the empty box over. I'm pretty sure most bike shops will hand you off a box, and maybe even some of the special styrofoam/plastic bits that come on bikes (axle end guards, front axle stand/cover, etc) if you ask nicely. Smile

I've also shipped a bike this way myself, to Montana. I used UPS, and just brought the packaged-up bike to a UPS depot (though they can also do a "pick-up"). Canada Post should also work. Shipping will likely be around $100-200.

Posted: Nov 21, 2015 at 9:26 Quote
ripped front derailleur mount off of my blur ltc.

anyone successfully gone 1x11 with this frame?

worried about chainring alignment….

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 7:25 Quote
djaugust wrote:
ripped front derailleur mount off of my blur ltc.

anyone successfully gone 1x11 with this frame?

worried about chainring alignment….

Shimano has chainline specific cranksets so you just need to get the right one for your frame. The 1x11 on Shimano is the same physical width as a 1x8 cassette.

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 12:56 Quote
Hey all, just got back in to town from some vacation. Any riding to be had, or has the snow overtaken everything already? Razz

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 13:16 Quote
dclinton wrote:
Hey all, just got back in to town from some vacation. Any riding to be had, or has the snow overtaken everything already? Razz
Do you own a fat bicycle?

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 0:57 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
dclinton wrote:
Do you own a fat bicycle?
heh, fair enough; probably should have clarified. no, sadly, she was stolen from me after only a month together :'(

sounds like there'll be a good bit of snow tonight!

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 19:02 Quote
Hey everybody, just thought I would put this out there for anybody interested. I spent the summer filming a full length bike movie and chunks of it were filmed locally.

I am premiering it tomorrow at The Plaza Theatre in Kensington. SHOW STARTS AT 7PM, tickets are $10 cash at the door! It would be awesome to see the local riding scene come out and get stoked on a bike movie like the old days of NWD and what not. Here's the trailer for it:

Views: 25,588    Faves: 205    Comments: 30

Get stoked guys, hope to lots of people tomorrow!

Andrew

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 21:20 Quote
2:07 - I haven't seen that stair gap in a video since the early Drop In days Smile Looks like lots of hard work went into the film. Some awesome shots in there and love seeing local riding and talent too!

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2016 at 12:33 Quote
Does anyone know how trail conditions are at West Bragg creek?
I was hoping to get down there this next weekend.
The last Trailforks report is from a week ago. Looking for an update.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Feb 1, 2016 at 12:38 Quote
Sort of like a skating rink where the shun shines through.

Posted: Feb 1, 2016 at 14:37 Quote
This was the report this morning :

Demitel, LDN and telephone loop (the entire loop) are good options at WBC right now. Telephone might be OK without studs, but you have to come in via BraggingRights which is brown ice the whole way. You will need studs for that. Demitel is ok without studs but you can't get to it as snowshoe is icy. Getting studs is a good idea.

The pics I saw have sheets of ice out there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.023326
Mobile Version of Website