how to---convert a coaster-brake hub into a freecoaster....

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
how to---convert a coaster-brake hub into a freecoaster....
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 14:47 Quote
right here homies, brought to you by our friends at free-coaster.com....
Views: 46,259    Faves: 76    Comments: 29

i have done it, so if you have questions about it, just askBig Grin

this vid was on youtube a long time ago, but its removed now, and fortunetaly i had downloaded it befor it dissapeared.....

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 15:14 Quote
so how well does it work? like as in will it last and you still running it? any problems with running it?

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 15:21 Quote
the video isnt so clear.

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 15:32 Quote
um, the length that it lasts depends on how good quality the hub is, and how hard you ride it. i blew the bearings and mangled the internals in a day just doing little stuff on flat mostly. but it is fun. if you have knowledge of freecoaster internals, then the conversion is easy, but if you dont, then watch the ridebmx vid about all you need to know about freecoasters to learn more.

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 17:18 Quote
Basicly we juste have to remove the brake pads ?

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 17:31 Quote
thats sweet

i wanna try it

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 17:33 Quote
I want to do that to my brothers really old Schwinn that has 16 inch wheels but he won't let me.

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 17:43 Quote
drew could i like switch the internal stuff from a coaster brake to a freewheel and then make it into a freecoaster

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 17:55 Quote
bicycleriding wrote:
drew could i like switch the internal stuff from a coaster brake to a freewheel and then make it into a freecoaster

nope, the hub shell of a coaster is completely diferent.

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 18:04 Quote
tell me where you can find one with a 14mm axle

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 18:08 Quote
drewfunk, i remove the brake pads for the hub the when i'm replacing everything, the axle do not make the rest of the wheel rotating, please, help me !

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
zett wrote:
drewfunk, i remove the brake pads for the hub the when i'm replacing everything, the axle do not make the rest of the wheel rotating, please, help me !

i could probably help you if that made sense

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 21:31 Quote
I did this hella long ago, it works alright. Its very simple to do

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 21:45 Quote
if you put the hub back EXACTLY the way you took it apart, it should work fine. note: you cant back pedal very far while you are going forward, you will feel it bind if you do. if you have a knowledge of how freecoasters work, you can add washers to the hub to adjust slack. if i still had mine i would post some pictures. i might do this agin if i can find a hub....

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012779
Mobile Version of Website