Trials, is it technique or strength!? say what you think people

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Trials, is it technique or strength!? say what you think people
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
hi i started trials about a month ago and was wondering what you people think its about is it strength or technique?

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 13:20 Quote
I personally dont ride trials but id say its alot of both. You need strenght ect. to boss the bike around and keep riding at a good level of riding all day, but you need skill/technique to be able to do stuff.

O+
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 21:54 Quote
its 90% technique 10% strength. Its not all about going as big as possible. Precision and balance are huge elements and both of those have nothing to do with fitness.

O+
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 21:59 Quote
Sayshell wrote:
its 90% technique 10% strength. Its not all about going as big as possible. Precision and balance are huge elements and both of those have nothing to do with fitness.

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 22:02 Quote
Sayshell wrote:

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 22:03 Quote
Sayshell wrote:

Posted: May 17, 2008 at 12:48 Quote
what Clifford said

Posted: May 17, 2008 at 17:31 Quote
Strength is good as long as you have the right technique.

Learn the technique first then work on strength after that - ftw.

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 9:23 Quote
i would say its all technique you can ride trials if you have very little strenth. thats why there are 10 and 11 year old kids that are a lot better than me at trials

Posted: May 24, 2008 at 6:03 Quote
yeah, it's mostly technique. I thought it was a good chunk strength until a friend showed me how to properly do maneuvers and my skill increased dramatically in one day.

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 9:40 Quote
i would say its 70% technique, 30% strengh because for wheelswops, gaps, taps are mostly just ripping the bike up or forwards, this anoys me alot, as I just turned 14 and still do not have much strengh so i HAVE to focus on technique.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 13:26 Quote
This guy is small and is really pro at 1:00 its like the biggest gap in the universe
[YT=https://youtube.com/watch?v=jgGT2SHekRM]

In theorey although if 2 guys have the exact same technique and one guy is stronger the stronger guy should probabaly go bigger.

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 17:02 Quote
dam that was huge how many feet do you think that was

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 20:18 Quote
hm...strength is something that'll help with those extra few inches...the worlds best riders are all in excellent physical shape. Technique is most important for sure...I think height plays a large factor as well...all the top elites are around 5'10 to 6'1 ish.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 20:23 Quote
mattthibeautrials wrote:
i would say its 70% technique, 30% strengh because for wheelswops, gaps, taps are mostly just ripping the bike up or forwards, this anoys me alot, as I just turned 14 and still do not have much strengh so i HAVE to focus on technique.
That's good though, because you'll build up very good technique and when the strength comes, you'll get exponentially better.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011811
Mobile Version of Website