WHAT BIKE?!?!?!?!?!

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
WHAT BIKE?!?!?!?!?!
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 31, 2008 at 13:12 Quote
Hey guys, right now i am on an old 04 221 monty, i am ready to buy a new bike but im not sure what to go with. I have decided on a long frame because my older brother has the long zoo and it feels really good. The zoo's frame length is 1030 and costs around 1800. The Czar's frame length is 1025 and costs 1500, and the echo lite's frame length i 1020 and costs 1500. what do you guys think i should go with? btw im going with gold parts on the czar, green on the zoo, or blue on the echo.

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 13:16 Quote
caps lock isnt cool

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 16:15 Quote
What's wrong with the bike you have now?

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 17:14 Quote
The ZOO feels neat, but I'm not sure I'd like that as my only bike. Coming from a Monty, the Echo will be the easiest transition and that's the one I like the best of the choices you listed. Plus you can get that in a dual disc. If you're going to be using a rim brake in the back, I'd also suggest using the magura instead of the Echo. Some people have been having problems with them.

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 17:24 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
What's wrong with the bike you have now?

everything lol the bike has seen better days and it would be better to buy a new bike than replace the broken/not working so well stuff

Posted: May 31, 2008 at 23:18 Quote
Whats the reason for the new bike? The monty should feel better on most terrain. Its more of an all-round trials design. The zoo and echo are more of a TGS type of bike with the echo being closer to your current bike. Also if you want a longer bike. Try some different bars first and tilt them forward. You can gain up to 2cm for sure.
I agree with Flixlee about using magura brakes too. The echo ones work awesome but only for a short time before things start to go wrong.
Overall the echo,zoo, and czar are really close for feel. You wont notice much difference unless you setup the bar and stem different.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 12:36 Quote
alright guys thanks, well i just like the feel of the zoo alot better than the monty im on now, its really old too. I would rather get a whole new bike instead of buying all new parts.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
go with the zoo then.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
trialsinmachine wrote:
go with the zoo then.

im thinking about it except i havent tried the czar yet so im not quite sure, also the frame is a little shorter than the zoo which could be good for me.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 17:44 Quote
Czars are mint, Zoo's are probably a bit too long unless ur really tall.

Check this one out.

http://www.hbtrials.com/czar20_2008_complete.html

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
Zoo's and Czars are pretty much the same length though, czars have a 72 degree head angle and zoo's have a 71 but slightly longer wheelbase.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 18:22 Quote
brent62 wrote:
Czars are mint, Zoo's are probably a bit too long unless ur really tall.

Check this one out.

http://www.hbtrials.com/czar20_2008_complete.html

ya ive been on that website, its cheeper from webcyclery though thats where im planning on buying from.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
webcyclery is in the US. Shipping from the US is much more expensive. It says that you live in BC. Try the Trialsin shop. Contact them on what they have.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 19:23 Quote
http://www.thetrialsinshop.com/
brent62 wrote:
webcyclery is in the US. Shipping from the US is much more expensive. It says that you live in BC. Try the Trialsin shop. Contact them on what they have.

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 19:26 Quote
ive been to the website and i dont think they have the czar but i should still email him and see if he can get me one.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010562
Mobile Version of Website