"Official" how high can you Bunny Hop (any kind of bike)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
"Official" how high can you Bunny Hop (any kind of bike)
Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 4:10 Quote
daretoplay wrote:
Some hops i did yesterday.
photo
photo
photo
What the ....

Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 7:07 Quote
another vid.. 2nd clip is a hop.. think the 3 looks higher tbh
Views: 717    Faves: 9    Comments: 32

trying to get back into it after a year

Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 8:25 Quote
danthecarlover wrote:
Views: 379    Faves: 0    Comments: 7

hopping video Smile , not very high but w/e i'm not great at hops

Add something to hop over... you will get higher.

Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 9:02 Quote
?
Hasan-U123 wrote:
daretoplay wrote:
photo
photo
photo
What the ....

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 8:26 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:

1000 fps side hop

This has to be the best bunny hop instructional video I've ever seen and there's not a single word spoken or written. You can clearly see exactly what myself and other experienced riders are always trying to explain to n00bs. You have to pull up the front end, then suck up your legs allowing the back end to continue upward motion. Pushing your arms forward is a natural reation to the whole motion. Not everyone grasps the "lift your legs" part. You cannot get a bike off flat ground without pulling up on the bars, then lifting your legs in one fluid motion. It's a simple matter of physics.

Anyone who says you have to point your toes down to grip the pedals and pull up the rear is doin it wrong.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 at 18:52 Quote
mtb55 wrote:
CrankyMonkey wrote:
oldude wrote:
You just learned to bunny hop?I have been bunny hopping for about 6 years and my best is 21" measured.Although Im sure Ive gotten more,just didnt have a reference to measure it.Thats pretty good dude.You should hit 24" in no time.

Thanks... I've spent a lot of time in the gym working on my hip strength. Here's a video from yesterday, I was just practicing over a 12 inch box and showing my niece and nephews how to do it. I practice bunny hops every day over boxes we have laying around the house. I still have some form issue I need to work on.

You really put rabbits inside the box?
Jesus how much did you spend on that bike?

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 at 19:03 Quote
Hasan-U123 wrote:
daretoplay wrote:
photo
photo
photo
What the ....

Whip Facepalm LMAO

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 18:34 Quote
Well this thread has fallen behind so I'll update it. Here's my 36" hop over some 2x4's. If I bring my rear as high as the front I think 44-46" should be no problem; whats the highest on a 28lb dj bike?

[URL=http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/a92drls/VIDEO0008.mp4][IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/a92drls/th_VIDEO0008.mp4[/IMG][/URL]

http://s75.photobucket.com/user/a92drls/media/VIDEO0008.mp4.html

Edit: Apparently this forum has a different way of posting, either way, watch my video. Copy the URL link and check it out..

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 19:59 Quote
Toph69 wrote:
Well this thread has fallen behind so I'll update it. Here's my 36" hop over some 2x4's. If I bring my rear as high as the front I think 44-46" should be no problem.

That's a problem I have. When I go for a big height or distance I tend to psyche myself out and end up pulling the front up too high and I'm not able to get the back up.

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 at 1:39 Quote
i can hop over a bmx Smile my front wheel gets as high as the bars, back wheel a bit lower

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 at 14:54 Quote
photo
My 1st boosted bunny hop since my lung injury ,glad to be back Smile

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 at 15:25 Quote
My 10 inches don't compare to that, on a big hit though.

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 at 15:28 Quote
Weirdly I found that I could hop almost as high on my SX Trail as my DJ bike... like 15 on DJ, about 12 on SXT.

I reckon we just have shit technique lol

Posted: Mar 19, 2011 at 15:28 Quote
amando96 wrote:
My 10 inches don't compare to that, on a big hit though.

is this your bike or penis we're talking about? Very confused

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021308
Mobile Version of Website