You know you work in a bikeshop when...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
You know you work in a bikeshop when...
Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 16:52 Quote
dkidd wrote:
if our justice system works.
I am stoked you got the bike back, but let's be real; our justice system is a joke.

Good on you though. I guess the power of the internet isn't just for shaming car dealerships.

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 19:43 Quote
when your boss understands why you need two weeks off to go to whistler.

Posted: Jun 14, 2015 at 10:06 Quote
We thought we had a bike stolen when the guy took it for a test ride and didn't come back until 2 days later stinking of booze. I was jut on the way back in to the shop coming back from my lunch break and saw him try to ride down the set of 4 stairs down to the shop and go straight into the wall. Funniest thing I ever saw at work! Luckily it was only a cheap mountain bike and it survived his test ride escapades fully intact.

Posted: Jun 14, 2015 at 12:14 Quote
When no matter what bike you're dealing with, every bolt you touch must done up to torque spec

Posted: Jun 14, 2015 at 15:42 Quote
griff369 wrote:
when your boss understands why you need two weeks off to go to whistler.

I'll trade you bosses Frown

Posted: Jun 15, 2015 at 14:39 Quote
ddfc wrote:
When no matter what bike you're dealing with, every bolt you touch must done up to torque spec

Until your torque wrench goes out of calibration significantly, and no one tells you...

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2015 at 17:42 Quote
ddfc wrote:
When no matter what bike you're dealing with, every bolt you touch must done up to torque spec, except for your own bike.
FYP

Posted: Jun 16, 2015 at 1:42 Quote
Customers leave their bikes in your shop for two months, and then get passed when you charge them a storage Charge!

Posted: Jun 16, 2015 at 8:24 Quote
identitizack wrote:
Customers leave their bikes in your shop for two months, and then get passed when you charge them a storage Charge!

Only after they demanded it be done before the weekend so they can get their ride in.

We don't charge a storage fee though. We put it on the sales floor after 30 days.

Posted: Jun 16, 2015 at 8:50 Quote
we would have more used bikes than new bikes after that policy lol we just charge storage on them lol

Posted: Jun 16, 2015 at 11:43 Quote
A while ago I had a customer with a rather nice spec mtb who needed his bike done "asap" so we managed to get it done within two days. Super fast for spring rush.. And when I called him to let him know it was done he said he'd be back in 7-8 weeks...

Posted: Jun 16, 2015 at 12:05 Quote
my favourite thing like that is kids ability has a trike they use for disabled kids (recombant, seat belts ect) had to have the tires replaced, not a huge deal just 3 cheap 20" tires/ tubes. they said they needed it for the day after next, got it done, called them that it was done. then it sat taking up about 5' x 2 for the next almost 2 years.....

Posted: Jun 16, 2015 at 12:20 Quote
griff369 wrote:
A while ago I had a customer with a rather nice spec mtb who needed his bike done "asap" so we managed to get it done within two days. Super fast for spring rush.. And when I called him to let him know it was done he said he'd be back in 7-8 weeks...

lirl

those guys....

Posted: Jun 16, 2015 at 16:31 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
we would have more used bikes than new bikes after that policy lol we just charge storage on them lol

We make sure to notify every bike dropped off about this policy. people are usually pretty good about it. Only had 3-4 bikes left this year. Nothing ever worth much money though, not much of a loss for them usually...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028473
Mobile Version of Website