Post your race Bmx!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Post your race Bmx!
Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 17:09 Quote
only lace 4x if you are using 36h stuff, even then 3x is more than enough. people use radial front cause cuts weight. front wheel just has to roll not transmit power.

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 at 13:03 Quote
My bike all finished up, took it to the track last night.

photo

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 at 23:02 Quote
Was super fun! First time riding in 14 years. Face planted into a berm, frickin hurt but I'm sure it will happen many more times. The bike handles well, sinz triple x 2pc cranks with a ORP 72 points of engagement freewheel. It puts the white industries fw to shame. Rear rim is slightly bent but I'm getting a sun ringle super stock flip flop hub laced to either envy rims or sun rhyno lites.

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 at 23:05 Quote
I rode my huffy which feels a lot more stable due to longer rear end but the shimano cassette just can't keep up with my freewheel.

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 10:38 Quote
I was pretty suprised with the flip flop hubs when I tried them. Like most sun ringle wheel products, great amount of performance for its price. The only thing I could have asked for is smoother bearings and a stronger rim, sounds like you got the important part figured out tup

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 13:41 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
I was pretty suprised with the flip flop hubs when I tried them. Like most sun ringle wheel products, great amount of performance for its price. The only thing I could have asked for is smoother bearings and a stronger rim, sounds like you got the important part figured out tup

Sun ringle is definitely great bang for the buck, I'm thinking of putting ceramic ball bearing in the hubs in lieu of steel but I think it uses catridge... if that is the case I will check and see if I can find some superior catridge bearings to see if I feel a difference.

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 22:16 Quote
photo

Classy.

^^^^Oh and I had no idea that Kona ever made a race bike, pretty cool actually.

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 22:39 Quote
Really nice looking bike man

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 22:40 Quote
Its not mine, just saw it on here and thought I would share....

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 22:46 Quote
Love the gold on the bike and s&m is my favorite when it comes to cromo frames. My next frame will be a challenger if I can score one. Yah Kona did the BMX thing for a few years and stopped in 2002. I'm working on my Hoffman flash and auburn at the moment. Can't wait to get back on a chromoly frame, they feel amazing.

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 2:01 Quote
bmxrace121 wrote:
photo

Classy.

^^^^Oh and I had no idea that Kona ever made a race bike, pretty cool actually.

thats so nice. One of my all time favourite bikes love the colour.

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 5:55 Quote
Gonna be riding my Avent Tr7 again next year...

Someone buy my cruiser. Gotta build me a 20".

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 10:16 Quote
Just finished my Auburn, will be adding a new free wheel and cranks in the future.

photo

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 12:35 Quote
how many bikes do you have lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016717
Mobile Version of Website