Post your race Bmx!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Post your race Bmx!
Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 13:26 Quote
mepotts wrote:
how many bikes do you have lol

Lol, just five. Still building my XC bike and working on one other bmx bike. Still searching for some midschool bikes that I always wanted as a kid.

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 15:21 Quote
Alright, I don't know where to go with this question, so I'll go here. I'm looking to purchase a race bmx to have something to do from now 'til November, when I can ride my DH for real again, and then to supplement my riding. It will mainly see pumptracks/racetracks but no actual racing. I used to ride/race 4x but I want to try something new and I have a very limited budget. I am on the tall side of things, standing at 6'10. I am completely new to this tiny bike thing, and have a few questions. First of all, am I too tall? Second, if not, which bikes should I look for used, since my budget is £500/630€/$835. Thanks!

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 16:35 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HxzGr-hTc-0/TO6RPEeW1nI/AAAAAAAABKg/oHQlyJoTN_0/s1600/IMG_0653.JPG Hahahaa always thought 29er bmxs were just for f*cks...

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 18:34 Quote
WaterWaterWaterWater wrote:
Alright, I don't know where to go with this question, so I'll go here. I'm looking to purchase a race bmx to have something to do from now 'til November, when I can ride my DH for real again, and then to supplement my riding. It will mainly see pumptracks/racetracks but no actual racing. I used to ride/race 4x but I want to try something new and I have a very limited budget. I am on the tall side of things, standing at 6'10. I am completely new to this tiny bike thing, and have a few questions. First of all, am I too tall? Second, if not, which bikes should I look for used, since my budget is £500/630€/$835. Thanks!

woah. I could be wrong, I'd wait for a weigh in from the more well known guys here but 6'10" I would think puts you outside of a stock sized frame. Not 100% sure though. Supercross does custom sizes but say goodbye to your budget.

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 18:34 Quote
DISCLAIMER: I am drunk

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 19:08 Quote
I would maybe suggest a jump bike/ 4x frame. Transition, Santa Cruz and yeti all make frames in hella long sizes

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 19:51 Quote
4x bike would be ideal, if you are in the UK I think Dartmoor makes a several nice 4x/jump frames.

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 20:45 Quote
but he said he used to do the 4x jazz and wants something new, so wouldn't getting a 4x bike be the same thing he already did just on a different track?

Posted: Aug 15, 2014 at 21:20 Quote
Cot dayum you are tall. I'm thinking the 26 or 29 inch pk ripper. On 20 inch frames your knees are going to hit those bars or something. I don't know how long they make the frames but you will need beyond a 22inch top tube.

Posted: Aug 16, 2014 at 3:00 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
I would maybe suggest a jump bike/ 4x frame. Transition, Santa Cruz and yeti all make frames in hella long sizes

Yup, I'm starting to contemplate a 4x bike again. I'll look into the dartmoor ones! The only problem is my budget, because SC/Yeti/TR aren't cheap. This'll take some serious deal hunting... Thanks for the help anyway!

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2014 at 4:31 Quote
I have a long nukeproof snap, it's massive. try find one of them

Posted: Aug 16, 2014 at 20:45 Quote
Anyone want to buy a GHP Pro XL Cruiser ? I'll ship wherever you want.

Posted: Aug 16, 2014 at 22:10 Quote
I crashed hard on my huffy today, jaw, head, and eye socket hurt. Gonna sell it, looking at it pisses me off for making me suck today.

Posted: Aug 17, 2014 at 1:50 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:

If only you were in the UK, don't wanna pay mega moneys for shipping... I really want a cruiser to race on for next year

Posted: Aug 17, 2014 at 5:53 Quote
Joebohobo wrote:
Bmxerch wrote:

If only you were in the UK, don't wanna pay mega moneys for shipping... I really want a cruiser to race on for next year

If the animal says no we can work out a deal.

Of course I'm not going to try and totally screw you hahahaha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012975
Mobile Version of Website