Official North Shore thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official North Shore thread
Posted: Apr 3, 2015 at 16:26 Quote
sharing is caring.. Salute

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 11:15 Quote
kevman866 wrote:
I don't think telling people over the internet the exact location of the trails is cool, but saying things don't exist and acting like snobs about knowing where they are isn't cool either. Its fairly obvious that trails exist, check out Pinkbike's video section some time.

If I'm riding with people I will show them some good stuff even if I don't know them. In know way hope or hell am I going to give anybody any kind of hint where to look for something on a forum. Thats how trails get found over ridden and shut down. Not starting and argument this is just my opinion!

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 17:53 Quote
If you don't want to post online thats perfectly fine. Don't say anything at all. But it's pretty pathetic when people say shit like 'Nope no trails there' ...implying they know the location but don't want to tell....Just trying to be cool acting like they are the shit, but coming across as a complete d-bag.

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 19:34 Quote
Why are we still talking about trails that don't exist?

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 20:06 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
Why are we still talking about trails that don't exist?

Lol this

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 15:03 Quote
StanMarsh wrote:
If you don't want to post online thats perfectly fine. Don't say anything at all. But it's pretty pathetic when people say shit like 'Nope no trails there' ...implying they know the location but don't want to tell....Just trying to be cool acting like they are the shit, but coming across as a complete d-bag.

Everybody wants to be a hot shot

Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 11:13 Quote
Tonight's the night to show up and say what you want for the future of mountain biking on Cypress.

A lift-assisted bike park is a possibility, but you need to come out to the West Van Community Centre 4-8 pm and say that you want it!

photo

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 13:44 Quote
Thanks for the heads up Alan, I'll be there!

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 10:57 Quote
So guys, has anyone ridden shoreplay yesterday? I took my new bike up there to get familiar with it, and I was sliding all over the place, with ice-like traction (literally) on each rock face.

I can't get my head around whether it's the trail condition (dry, dust on rocks maybe?), or if it could be something about my setup. Anyone else noticed the lack of traction?

Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 12:59 Quote
MrDuck wrote:
So guys, has anyone ridden shoreplay yesterday? I took my new bike up there to get familiar with it, and I was sliding all over the place, with ice-like traction (literally) on each rock face.

I can't get my head around whether it's the trail condition (dry, dust on rocks maybe?), or if it could be something about my setup. Anyone else noticed the lack of traction?

I was up there on Tuesday, no traction issues.

What tires are you using?

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 13:35 Quote
Carrot-Top wrote:
MrDuck wrote:

I was up there on Tuesday, no traction issues.

What tires are you using?
3c High Roller 2s. I used to run those on my previous bike as well, never had any issue. The only difference would be that I had 3 more PSI now, which I don't think is enough to make such a ridiculous difference (21/24 as opposed to 18/22 I ran before). Also my wheels are 27.5 now and rims are much wider, but I'd not expect that to ruin traction at walk speeds on rock slabs.

I guess the trail has dried out a fair bit, but still it wouldn't probably explain my struggle :-/ Weird stuff.

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2015 at 21:27 Quote
Tnerb888 wrote:
Less brake
That'd be obvious, usually. But I had the treshold at pretty much no brake at all, on a fairly flat rock. Tried letting some air out today and it felt much better on roaches, I'll see how shoreplay feels!

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2015 at 20:41 Quote
My bike and I are looking for a ride from Vancouver/Northvan to Whsitler, Monday night or Tuesday morning (next week - May 4/5th). Is anyone headed that way with room? I will happily pitch for gas.

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 14:15 Quote
Hi,

my GF and I are going to Whistler in a couple of weeks. We have been to Whistler before, but we will ride all around Whistler, including North Van. Neither of us have ever ridden the North Shore and don't want to get in over our head, hence why we are looking for suggestions. We will be riding North Van a couple of days and are looking for trails that give a good idea of what it is. Each day, we are looking to ride between 2-4hrs.

In term of our ability, we are able to ride anything as long as there are no gaps, jumps or drops higher than 3ft. We can ride wood bridges, but are not so hot on skinnies. I know that it probably limits our choices, but we are game to try stuff as long as there are ride-around in case we decide to chicken out.
We went to Squamish last year, and were comfortable riding trails such as Angry Midget. At the bike park, we also rode a technical black trail, which, if I remember correctly, was Upper Angry Pirate. I should also mention that we both ride Ibis Mojo bikes, with 6" of travel. My GF is an HDR and mine a regular Mojo.

Please feel free to PM me with your suggestions.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Bertrand.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022775
Mobile Version of Website