Show your mongoose

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Show your mongoose
Posted: Mar 18, 2013 at 18:09 Quote
My bike
Just got it a couple of days ago! gonna order a blue stem, blue pedals and wider blue grips for it on friday! Big Grin

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2013 at 7:15 Quote
My Black Diamond Single:

Mongoose Black Diamond as of 3 27 13.. new hussefelt 40mm stem 720mm answer bars enduro seals in fork
Mongoose Black Diamond as of 3 27 13.. new hussefelt 40mm stem 720mm answer bars enduro seals in fork

Posted: Mar 28, 2013 at 7:24 Quote
rm240sx wrote:
My Black Diamond Single:

Pretty sick

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2013 at 7:34 Quote
Braaapstar14 wrote:
rm240sx wrote:
My Black Diamond Single:

Pretty sick

Thanks! I need to do some more upgrades to it. Id like to lighten it up a bit. Possibly a better fork, and id like to put a 8.5" rear air shock on it to slacken the geometry up a bit instead of the 9.0" that's on it now. But overall I love it, its a tank! Back in the day I said id never own a mongoose. But now id probably buy another one!

Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 8:21 Quote
Custom Pinn r
  Custom Pinn'r

photo

Fresh rebuild and spray... replaced the Domain with a 66 ti. My rear shock is starting to go. Opinions on replacing the 9" shock with an 8.75"... or send the zocchi to get rebuilt? I use this bike as a yard bike for the jumps at my house. The jumps launch from a tennis court, thus the tire selection. I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 8:32 Quote
Fresh rebuild and spray... replaced the Domain with a 66 ti. My rear shock is starting to go. Opinions on replacing the 9" shock with an 8.75"... or send the zocchi to get rebuilt? I use this bike as a yard bike for the jumps at my house. The jumps launch from a tennis court, thus the tire selection. I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!

I put my brothers 8.5 roco on mine instead of the 9 just to see what it would be like and I loved the way it looked. plus theres more options for 8.5 8.75 then 9. I have the black diamond its similar to yours I have a 9" fox van r coil on there now but would like to put a 8.5" dhx5 air instead

Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 8:33 Quote
rm240sx wrote:

I put my brothers 8.5 roco on mine instead of the 9 just to see what it would be like and I loved the way it looked. plus theres more options for 8.5 8.75 then 9. I have the black diamond its similar to yours I have a 9" fox van r coil on there now but would like to put a 8.5" dhx5 air instead

they suck harder than Henry the hoover apparently

Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 9:08 Quote
I think I'm going to keep an eye out for a good deal on a 9"... unless the shock completely blows out on me. I like the way the bike feels now and would hate to waste money changing that. Yeah, I don't hear good things about the dhx air.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 9:27 Quote
Really I always thought it was the best air... What is the best decent priced air shock then? That would be better and lighter then my van r?

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 9:41 Quote
They have no mid support. Had one on my reign for awhile and couldn't get it to feel right. Monarch + or vector hlr would be great choices.

Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 11:25 Quote
cane creek double barrel air?

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 13:40 Quote
He said decent priced lol not baller

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 13:45 Quote
lumberjerk wrote:
He said decent priced lol not baller

Thanks JERK, LOL.. Yea im def not a baller ill look into those you posted though, maybe ill go that route instead!

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 15:07 Quote
I also have had great luck with my monarch rt3, no piggyback but still very capable. Also picked up a manitou swinger 4 way coil for only $100 and its been super impressive, just heavy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019944
Mobile Version of Website