Official Kicking Horse thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kicking Horse thread
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 14:32 Quote
Cedar lake campground is as close as you need to get. A few minutes from the resort.

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 14:34 Quote
billybilly is right. And that site is getting an upgrade this fall I'm pretty sure. As far as I know, the resort isn't going to open one. But there are large parking lots empty at night.

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 19:55 Quote
Steve and Billy are right.....camp at Cedar Lake. You can cool and clean off after a hot and dusty day on the hill, and maybe even try some XC riding if you get bored. Plus, your 3km's closer to the Pilsner at the BC Liqour Store!

TC

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 10:24 Quote
Does anyone know of the trail conditions as of friday (today)?

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 10:44 Quote
andreeee wrote:
Does anyone know of the trail conditions as of friday (today)?
The trail crew has been filling holes and berms on lower Superberm for the last couple days. Trails are wet, it rained all night. But it has now stopped. It may rain again a bit later, but then the forecast is pretty clear for a few days. Should be a tacky weekend.

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 10:49 Quote
rode yesterday, awesome conditions, it was nice to get some rain, made the trails nice and sticky. We were gonna go again today but it didnt stop raining all night, instead i stayed in bed listening to the rain.

Posted: Aug 15, 2009 at 22:18 Quote
The dirt is mint after the rain!

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 13:14 Quote
Out there Tuesday and the trail crew is pretty damn good. Superberm was in the best shape I've been on it! Time Traveler is sweet - be nice to have a stunt that allowed to roll! pretty techy, but i'm sure lot's huck it fine.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 17:41 Quote
Going on Saturday with my new bike IF it arrives in time. I havnt ridden it in the summer so im super excited to try it out. Anybody know what the conditions will be like Saturday? It doesn't seem like it has rained too much lately.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 18:14 Quote
No rain again for a few days, but we had a good run of rain and managed to get a bunch of repairs done. Sure I'm biased, but also hyper-critical, yet I agree that Superberm is running better than ever before. Let's hope the drought doesn't last so long this time.

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 19:16 Quote
BlackCrowe wrote:
No rain again for a few days, but we had a good run of rain and managed to get a bunch of repairs done. Sure I'm biased, but also hyper-critical, yet I agree that Superberm is running better than ever before. Let's hope the drought doesn't last so long this time.

Just rode Superberm today and it is MINT. I honestly do not have a single complaint about the condition of that trail right now. A couple of weeks ago it was terrible, so many of the berms were pitted out and rough but they've filled all that in and put in a few new jumps. Word of advice, that table with the big SLOW sign in front of it, ya go SLOW, that thing launches you.

They were working on Kranky Pants today too.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 5:59 Quote
I'll be at Kicking Horse today. Looking forward to checking out the new section on Blaster...Glad to hear Superberm is in good shape too!

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 15:57 Quote
i might be at kickinghorse tomorrow. Would anybody like to show me the downhill trails?

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 19:02 Quote
Kicking horse was epic. Bad luck today though. two popped tired and a snapped derailleur between two of us in three runs. Blaster was awesome. Loved the wooden berms at the bottom.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 19:25 Quote
so you are really the one i was just talking to at the staff parking lot of the fairmont? wasnt sureWink

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014125
Mobile Version of Website