Powered by Outside

Do Epic Stuff Jam. June 6th, South Surrey, BC.

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Do Epic Stuff Jam. June 6th, South Surrey, BC.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
Well, I'm thinking about putting on another jam in Surrey, BC. Though, I want more ideas on what I can add to it compared to last year. It'll be the same format as last year as well. It'll still be both BMX/MTB too. If I do go through with another one, it'll be put on in late June, early July so it's in the summer and I don't have to battle with the rain like I did back in April with the April Fools Jam. Getting sponsors will be no problem too, and I already have a few lined up if I was to do another.

I want your ideas on how I can make it better compared to the one last year.
Which park shall I have it at too, but it has to be in Surrey... Oh, even if you don't live around here and won't go, I still want your ideas. I am also thinking about trying to get shirts made up, if I can get a reasonable price, or even free as a sponsor.

Here are links to what went down last year:
http://dotca.pinkbike.com/blog/jam.html
http://dotca.pinkbike.com/blog/jamwrapup.html

I want this jam to be not only put on by me, but put on by YOU, the riders, which I would need YOUR ideas to help make this a successful event that is enjoyable by everyone. Also, if any company see's this, and would like to sponsor it, feel free to PM me!

Thanks,
Ryan.

photo

Poster for Jam

A few little updates. It will be held on June 6th, at South Surrey skate park.

Sponsors:
photo
Haro
photo
Premium
photo
Deity
photo
Black Market
photo
photo
PinkBike
photo
United
photo
EmpireBMX
photo
KinkBMX
photo
PrimoBMX
photo
Tonic Fab
photo
Beaver Buzz!
photo
MirraCo
photo
Federal
photo
Ogio
photo
Surrey
photo
Odyssey BMX!

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 14:19 Quote
Great idea dotca, One of the best things at a jam is FOOD !
If you can rent a commercail barbeque or some sort and havelike hot dogs and dricks going on for s reasonable price for both you and the buyers this would be awesome to others. also, make contests and draws ! like make age classes and all.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 14:23 Quote
chrischriskris wrote:
If you can rent a commercail barbeque or some sort and havelike hot dogs and dricks going on for s reasonable price for both you and the buyers this would be awesome to others. also, make contests and draws ! like make age classes and all.

Thanks for not reading the blogs. I said it would be just like last year, which included draws and food. Classes don't go by age in a jam like this, as that would be just stupid as the riders are not on the same level of skill.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 14:25 Quote
dotca wrote:
chrischriskris wrote:

Thanks for not reading the blogs. I said it would be just like last year, which included draws and food. Classes don't go by age in a jam like this, as that would be just stupid as the riders are not on the same level of skill.
I just logged in.
but is there a certain age limit?

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 14:29 Quote
chrischriskris wrote:
dotca wrote:
chrischriskris wrote:

I just logged in.

A age limit would be stupid. I don't limit it to certain people because they are too old. Younger, well, sort of there is as having some one like a 8 year old riding wouldn't be really fun as all the riders would have to be looking out for the kid, while the kid would have to look out for everyone else and may not have all that much fun.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 14:33 Quote
dotca wrote:
chrischriskris wrote:

I laughed a lot when I read that. Last year's seemed to be quite the success. Get some hot chicks with score cards.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 14:49 Quote
the only thing I didn't like about the last one was that there were too many people per heat, and the heats were too short. I'd like to see 3 riders for 10 minutes maybe...unless there's a ton of people riding.

Hold it on a saturday, so people can giver, get wrecked, and recover sunday before work on monday.

Have prizes for best trick on a certain obstacle or two.

If its just one park, white rock would probably be the best. Or have one at cloverdale, just to see what can be done at the shittiest park in surrey haha. Or have one at bear creek so that I have home court advantage again...

Be sure to give out free helmets again, dylan's is getting a little nasty Wink

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 14:50 Quote
Get a Pink Bike Mod to go!

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 14:52 Quote
djfivejames wrote:
the only thing I didn't like about the last one was that there were too many people per heat, and the heats were too short. I'd like to see 3 riders for 10 minutes maybe...unless there's a ton of people riding.

Hold it on a saturday, so people can giver, get wrecked, and recover sunday before work on monday.

Have prizes for best trick on a certain obstacle or two.

Be sure to give out free helmets again, dylan's is getting a little nasty Wink

Yeah, it's only going to be a 1 day event which will be a Saturday. I'm thinking 3-4 riders, at 7 minutes a heat. The one you entered, there was around 45+ riders who signed up. Dylan won't be touching no helmet this time! The city didn't pay for the helmets, Hippie Mike did out of his own pocket. Which park though? Bear Creek again? I want something that all people can enjoy...

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 14:53 Quote
gnarnell wrote:
Get a Pink Bike Mod to go!

Then you come out to one!

Mod
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 14:57 Quote
Sounds great. I'll have a read of the blogs and get back to you. By Riders, For Riders, the way it should be Big Grin

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 14:57 Quote
Lol ill try to make it.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 15:29 Quote
dotca wrote:
chrischriskris wrote:
dotca wrote:

I just logged in.

A age limit would be stupid. I don't limit it to certain people because they are too old. Younger, well, sort of there is as having some one like a 8 year old riding wouldn't be really fun as all the riders would have to be looking out for the kid, while the kid would have to look out for everyone else and may not have all that much fun.

I went to a little bash up in NorCal a couple months back where they had some stunts and such for everyone to ride and then another section with smaller stunts for 'under 12' year-olds to do their thing. Made for a really great time for all since the kids were able to get down and the grown-ups could do their thing without worrying too much about some kid careening across the course. Might be something to consider...

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 15:30 Quote
Yeah, but it would be hard for something like that to be set up in a skatepark... Plus then, someone would need to watch over them.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 16:26 Quote
I would just wait until after lettusdude does his jam. Your going to steal his thunder!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026089
Mobile Version of Website