Bike Painting Guides and Pictures of Your Work

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Bike Painting Guides and Pictures of Your Work
Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 14:16 Quote
Yeah I do it a as a job if you want to pm me about what you wantSmile

Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 14:58 Quote
That's pretty sick dude, I'm PMing you right now!

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 3:00 Quote
Ok, so this is clearly only my own opinion, but...

I genuinely can't see why you'd go to the effort of prepping and painting a frame to that standard just to ruin it with paint splatters and make it look like something a 6 year old did when his parents turned their backs.

You've got skills, use them. Mask it up and do something cool. Splatters ain't that.

I know, I know, opinions are like a*sholes and all that, and it's nice to have a bit of variety, but seriously, surely a man of your talents can see that splattering it is a waste!

Check out Beneli's work for inspiration, his paint jobs look factory but custom, no doubt you could push something out as awesome as his.

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 3:19 Quote
pimpin-gimp wrote:

I genuinely can't see why you'd go to the effort of prepping and painting a frame to that standard just to ruin it with paint splatters and make it look like something a 6 year old did when his parents turned their backs.

You've got skills, use them. Mask it up and do something cool. Splatters ain't that.

I know, I know, opinions are like a*sholes and all that, and it's nice to have a bit of variety, but seriously, surely a man of your talents can see that splattering it is a waste!

Check out Beneli's work for inspiration, his paint jobs look factory but custom, no doubt you could push something out as awesome as his.
Having a frame that has just been splattered that manages to look good is just as good as having a really cool paint job. I know it is your own opinion but if he can get the splatter right then it will look much better than anything else IMO.

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 8:47 Quote
Yup, it's completely subjective, but that looks good and the examples he posted don't (in my opinion)

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 9:39 Quote
pimpin-gimp wrote:

Your right... Everyone got an opinion and I'm glad you got yours...as I wouldn't of known about this Beneli.. His work is out of this world..

The 1st splat ideas I've posted are just to see how an idea comes out sometimes it works sometimes it don't, for me I like the single colour splats... But I have the mental age if a 6 year oldSmile

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 9:45 Quote
RyanWensley wrote:
Example:
photo

I like this alot and would never of thought of it... Looking at it, it looks like it done up close with a air-fix type brush flicked with a finger, but that's only a guess, where mine was done with a big bush and a few windmills...

Posted: Mar 30, 2014 at 12:33 Quote
I think the splatter idea is dope, but not for the entire frame. It'd look better if it was fanning out from the head tube or something, starting with a high density of splatter and thinning out as you move posteriorly on the frame. I also think the splatter you've been playing with is too "heavy" (ie the splats look too thick and chunky).

Posted: Mar 30, 2014 at 12:47 Quote
Yeah I agree.. I still ain't finished.. I'm having that splat, but not all over..

Posted: Mar 30, 2014 at 13:01 Quote
Agree with the fading out, that sounds cool.

Posted: Mar 30, 2014 at 21:14 Quote
pimpin-gimp wrote:
Agree with the fading out, that sounds cool.
+1

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 12:50 Quote
Tried to do the splats lighter and fading out..
1st go..
photo

2nd go..

photo

photo

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 at 13:01 Quote
what maybe would look great too, if you'd write the lable of your bike (kona ? Big Grin ) with one of those bright splatterpattern....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017897
Mobile Version of Website