Bike Painting Guides and Pictures of Your Work

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Bike Painting Guides and Pictures of Your Work
Posted: May 8, 2015 at 12:25 Quote
hey guys, thinking of painting my bars black to match the rest of my bike and rims too. Should I strip them back to bare metal or just sand down? Any tips for painting rims? Also, if stripping to bare metal, what stripper would you recommend? Cheers!
Whip as it is. Need to move my bars back and stuff still

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 12:48 Quote
A good rule of thumb that has seemed to be proven on many occasions is to have your bars and rims in matching colour

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 12:49 Quote
jackstack wrote:
A good rule of thumb that has seemed to be proven on many occasions is to have your bars and rims in matching colour

I know, that's why I'm painting them both black.

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 12:51 Quote
But then everything thing is black? I dont know I guess it have a really cool stealth look going on with it. Personally it maybe not so cool since its one uniform colour

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 12:52 Quote
jackstack wrote:
But then everything thing is black? I dont know I guess it have a really cool stealth look going on with it. Personally it maybe not so cool since its one uniform colour

I was gonna get a chrome stem and sprocket (or chain) with a brown leather seat (maybe) later, but just the paint for now

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 14:29 Quote
USMC wrote:
krystiancameron wrote:
Close up of the splatter paint
Repainted my frame and forks with satin black and mint green splatter

Great job you done there looks really cool

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 14:48 Quote
dagzin wrote:
USMC wrote:
krystiancameron wrote:
Close up of the splatter paint
Repainted my frame and forks with satin black and mint green splatter

Great job you done there looks really cool

Thanks dude was gonna do a matt black with a teal splatter but I ran out of teal paint so I went with this mint green colour

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 15:57 Quote
[Quote="GrunderS"]
jackstack wrote:

I was gonna get a chrome stem and sprocket (or chain) with a brown leather seat (maybe) later, but just the paint for now[/Quote!

Can't go wrong with neon colors!!

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 23:29 Quote
I once opened up the colour of my new stem to a vote on a forum, the result was annodized purple so that's what I ended up with, you should do that!

Posted: May 9, 2015 at 1:53 Quote
[Quote="slope"]
GrunderS wrote:
jackstack wrote:

I was gonna get a chrome stem and sprocket (or chain) with a brown leather seat (maybe) later, but just the paint for now[/Quote!

Can't go wrong with neon colors!!

wanna bet

Posted: May 9, 2015 at 2:34 Quote
pimpin-gimp wrote:
I once opened up the colour of my new stem to a vote on a forum, the result was annodized purple so that's what I ended up with, you should do that!

haha I can't afford to keep buying new parts, might just stick with black :p

Posted: May 9, 2015 at 4:56 Quote
GrunderS wrote:
pimpin-gimp wrote:

You could paint your bars black and then unlace and chemically raw your rims and polish them that would look sweet

Posted: May 9, 2015 at 5:13 Quote
krystiancameron wrote:
GrunderS wrote:
pimpin-gimp wrote:

You could paint your bars black and then unlace and chemically raw your rims and polish them that would look sweet

I was considering that, but I'm not too sure on polished rims plus I don't know how to lace a wheel..

Posted: May 9, 2015 at 5:21 Quote
[Quote="GrunderS"]
krystiancameron wrote:
GrunderS wrote:

I was considering that, but I'm not too sure on polished rims plus I don't know how to lace a wheel..[/Quote

It's easy lacing wheels watch a video on youtube it just takes a bit of time for your first time that's what I did to my bike I had purple rims before then I rawed and polished them and they look sweet

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021582
Mobile Version of Website