What annoys you when you're out building?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
What annoys you when you're out building?
Posted: Jan 18, 2016 at 13:02 Quote
I was riding at the skate park the other arvo and some guy on a 26" comes up, doesn't even say hi or anything, just says: "where are some trails nearby?"

"They're all pretty much gone now, either got plowed or abandoned"

"Ah shit, we went to (well known spot in my city), but they were digging so we couldn't ride, tried to ride but they were in the way."

Holy f*cking shit this is why bmx riders hate mountain bikes. Dear god please never ever say shit like this. Ever.

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 at 12:47 Quote
Next time you go digging dig in 10 ft deep rectangles, roughly 6'x3'

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 at 14:50 Quote
flood washes EVERYTHING away.... Eek Confused

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 at 15:33 Quote
okietwister wrote:
flood washes EVERYTHING away.... Eek Confused
I have yet to go back to my local dirt jumps... Scared of what I might have to see.
Last time I was there not too long ago a slalom berm I built turned into a 2 foot deep puddle.

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 at 16:29 Quote
When you get to your local dh spot and there are cops everywhere and they tell you it is closing down

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 at 18:50 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
When you get to your local dh spot and there are cops everywhere and they tell you it is closing down

Is that what they said today?

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 at 19:19 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:

They told me that if someone is found on the trails they will give you a ticket.

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 at 19:21 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:

They told me that if someone is found on the trails they will give you a ticket.
Even the upper section? Did you talk to them at the bottom or the shuttle area?

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 at 19:27 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:

Even the upper section? Did you talk to them at the bottom or the shuttle area?

They didn't say if it was the upper or bottom they just said they would be giving tickets to whoever was riding there. I see where you're coming from though because half is owned by San Diego. Hopefully the whole thing cools off a bit and they loose interest

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 at 14:29 Quote
When dirtbikers destroy our trails.... there are 1000's of miles of trails for offroad vehicles, yet they hit up our limited system. It makes our dirt turn into sand Frown

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 at 14:36 Quote
Turboduck01 wrote:
When dirtbikers destroy our trails.... there are 1000's of miles of trails for offroad vehicles, yet they hit up our limited system. It makes our dirt turn into sand Frown

If I had 2 cents for every time someone says that!!!

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 at 14:49 Quote
Dirt bikes would be a great tool for starting a bicycle trail...just have em rip a few laps with some nice knobby tires... waabang, instant trail

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 at 20:24 Quote
PedalShopLLC wrote:
Dirt bikes would be a great tool for starting a bicycle trail...just have em rip a few laps with some nice knobby tires... waabang, instant trail
Instant $3000 ticket... Use a rake.

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 4:28 Quote
Ha, use a rake... I stopped using rakes a long time cause of one main reason.

Time

Or lack there of. I bought a BR550 and increased my trail grooming speed 10 fold.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016259
Mobile Version of Website